Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Witchcraft child abuse
Witchcraft child abuse
16:30-17:00 british time
I am listening to Beyond belief BBC radio 4, I am not sure how to make a link so when the programme finishes can somebody link to it on the iplayer.
Christianity in a multicultural society where different cultural practices should not be challenged seems to automatically lead to this sort of thing, 86 murders/cases of abuse in the last ten years in britan having an accusation of biblical witchcraft as a basis. And the opening comment is,' is witchcraft real?', not this is wrong. If there was ever a reason not to believe in junk, and say other peoples ideas should be challenged this must be evidence.
Just heard one of these nutters saying the problem is that there is not a standard practice. They are not even challenging the idea it is OK to accuse a child of witchcraft.

The ideas were challenged, but really, you listen what the fuck when those ideas are given that much credibility.
RE: Witchcraft child abuse
I was going to link the live show, but realised there was only 5 minutes left... I'll just wait...

Anyway, I love me some witchcraft.

For anyone who wants to listen to previous Beyond Belief thangs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006s6p6
Cunt
Sorry I am so horrified by what was said and the weakness of the questioning, I cannot say anything which is not emotionally charged.
It's given that much credibility only by those who already believe in it. Such crazy beliefs have already been ruled out. It has no credibility, explanatory power and value. Not to the rational, not to the scientific community.
Just religious wack jobs, talking as if their beliefs are facts, when actually they're nothing but unsupported religious bullshit.
Think nothing of it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Like, penis shriveling and hexing........lol? Do you really want this sort of stuff to vanish.....good comedy is hard to come by. I'm very torn on the issue, personally..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Take Pentecostal beliefs into a region where witchcraft beliefs are already endemic. Stir. Wait. Persecution ensues.
I'm listening to the program right now and I can honestly say I'm not surprised. My brother married someone who originates from Mozambique and putting aside shes a totally evil bitch her mother tried to teach my nephews about voodoo on the quiet. I found out from them three years ago and quickly taught them about rational thinking. Thankfully it seems to of proofed them against such superstitious nonsense.
They've grown to be extremely intelligent individuals.

I'm not prejudiced but this type of belief is widespread in Mozambique as is the type of behaviour displayed by my sister-in-law and her mother. It is a country that lives in a type of poverty we could scarcely imagine. To get out of that you either have to be fiercely durable and intelligent or ruthlessly cut throat to an extent we could not conceive of. My sister-in-law displays only the latter but the mother displays all three and uses the guise of being well meaning to stab others in the back and obtain what she wishes. Such a person has no scruples and is highly dangerous.

That is not to say good people do not emerge, I have met many from a similar background who are grateful to be part of this country and by all intents and purposes seem the most genuinely morale of people. It strikes me that when subjected to such horrors it takes a tremendously strong person to survive yet retain their humanity, this is a true rarity and one should feel humbled when it is encountered.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
The problem I have with this is not the views of some freaks, It is the anchorman. To explain the BBC culture is different from the American culture of broadcasting where the anchorman can be of any political persuasion (although in practice a lot does seem to come from the right), the BBC culture is to have a reasonable voice at the centre. In practice that voice is normally of the liberal elite, and although I personally kick against it, because it traps out voices from the working class, and the right (and by right I do not necessarily mean racist) we understand where that voice comes from. As such being outside the liberal elite means you get a good deal of direct criticism from what seems to be the BBC reasonable voice, OK I don’t like it, but that is the playing field where views can be aired. Given that, this programme is depicting a view from the elite, that nut jobs throwing accusations of demonic position are not being treated like the left or right political views, but the anchorman is accepting of these idiotic ideas. That depiction seems to be; it is more acceptable to hold an idea that a child is evil, than it is that the government is not doing a very good job. That any nasty prejudice, superstition, or whatever idea, is perfectly acceptable as long as it comes under the umbrella of religion.
(August 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Like, penis shriveling

This could explain much......Undecided

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 20, 2012 at 11:54 am)jonb Wrote: 16:30-17:00 british time
I am listening to Beyond belief BBC radio 4, I am not sure how to make a link so when the programme finishes can somebody link to it on the iplayer.
Christianity in a multicultural society where different cultural practices should not be challenged seems to automatically lead to this sort of thing, 86 murders/cases of abuse in the last ten years in britan having an accusation of biblical witchcraft as a basis. And the opening comment is,' is witchcraft real?', not this is wrong. If there was ever a reason not to believe in junk, and say other peoples ideas should be challenged this must be evidence.
Just heard one of these nutters saying the problem is that there is not a standard practice. They are not even challenging the idea it is OK to accuse a child of witchcraft.

The ideas were challenged, but really, you listen what the fuck when those ideas are given that much credibility.

Witchraft? I believe that this can't be attributed to the native christians in the UK, however. It's probably practiced by african immigrants who also believe in folk magic and etc.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 176 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1227 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1132 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1176 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3412 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 919 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3622 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Sexual abuse in the Catholic church. How widespread is it? Graufreud 26 2141 August 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 815 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3350 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic