Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman Injures Four Outside Empire State Building
Gunman Injures Four Outside Empire State Building
A man who had a dispute with co-workers returns and shoots 4-5 people outside the Empire State Building. The Gunman is dead....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/....UDeLT4bLd
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Gunman Injures Four Outside Empire State Building
So are you partyline with your fellow conservatives about the inalienable right of every idiot to own a bazooka so that they can shoot the bad guys before the police get there? Or does this article sicken you the way it does me and leave you wondering how we can suffer such irrational gun control policies?
That's what happens if you play too much shootan games.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(August 24, 2012 at 11:05 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: That's what happens if you play too much shootan games.

No that's what happens when everyone and their gran can own a lethal weapon. A few idiots are inevitably going to kill somebody.
Wow, that's nuts!!!!!

I wonder how people go so nuts over a falling out?
(August 24, 2012 at 11:12 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(August 24, 2012 at 11:05 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: That's what happens if you play too much shootan games.

No that's what happens when everyone and their gran can own a lethal weapon. A few idiots are inevitably going to kill somebody.

Pfft..I assure you, this could have easily been done with a knife, friend.
One who has made up his mind to kill, will go through every roundabout way to eliminate his target, one way or another, with our without a gun.
His gun is merely a tool, his determination, however is what really kills. He would have accomplished his deed in some other manner.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I just listened to Bloomberg and the police commissioner. Apparently, most of the people wounded were hit by errant rounds fired by the cops.

Fortunately, all are expected to survive.
(August 24, 2012 at 11:26 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Pfft..I assure you, this could have easily been done with a knife, friend.
One who has made up his mind to kill, will go through every roundabout way to eliminate his target, one way or another, with our without a gun.
His gun is merely a tool, his determination, however is what really kills. He would have accomplished his deed in some other manner.

I said lethal weapons not guns. I totally agree that you can kill people with a knife.. Its a bit harder but like you said somebody determined enough can pull it off.

Mostly my point was that your idea that games cause this shit is absolute bullshit. There has been many studies into the idea and all came up showing that gaming has no link to real life violence.

People have famously been killing each other forever it kinda bugs me when people suddenly try to blame it on something other than the idiot that threw a tantrum brought a gun/knife along.
(August 24, 2012 at 11:50 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(August 24, 2012 at 11:26 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Pfft..I assure you, this could have easily been done with a knife, friend.

I said lethal weapons not guns. I totally agree that you can kill people with a knife.. Its a bit harder but like you said somebody determined enough can pull it off.

Mostly my point was that your idea that games cause this shit is absolute bullshit. There has been many studies into the idea and all came up showing that gaming has no link to real life violence.

People have famously been killing each other forever it kinda bugs me when people suddenly try to blame it on something other than the idiot that threw a tantrum brought a gun/knife along.

Anything on this earth is as lethal as you make it, friend. Just ask Riddick, hehehe.
And I just made a joke, nothing to take too serious. I myself play shootan games, perhaps not the sort of COD, but I used to play counterstrike and etc.
In anyway, its way harder to kill a bunch of people with a knife than a gun. all you have to do is point and shoot, no martial training is needed, while with a knife you have to contend with other people's defensive capabilities.

If one is set into murdering one person, I guess laws regulating gun use wouldn't impact those cases, however, these shootings are indiscriminate killings, mostly in the mindset "If I'm going down, I'll take a bunch of these fuckers down with me", and in these cases gun regulation would have an effect. It may not stop all shootings, but its a deterrent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3084 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1084 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Separation of Science and State John 6IX Breezy 233 10399 November 19, 2020 at 7:44 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Vatican a state? Fake Messiah 13 1285 November 11, 2020 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Building the Lifeboats DeistPaladin 12 760 September 16, 2020 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Satan and Flying Spaghetti Monster Unite for Church-State Separation AFTT47 2 669 September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The communist state of Kerela, India Duty 5 842 December 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 250 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 8063 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Four presidents come together to pay tribute Foxaèr 15 2794 April 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89