Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Landover Baptist Fake?
Is Landover Baptist Fake?
I was told by a few different people that landoverbaptist.net was a joke and not actually a website for Christians to talk about their true beliefs. I joined the website and posted several posts about my atheism. I was finally ,ironicly, banned completely for correcting a security supervisor's grammar. Here is a picture of the message i got when I was banned.
[Image: 20aw2vs.png]
In the beginning, God created a bunch of male animals, a bunch of female animals, and one male human. Thinking
RE: Is Landover Baptist Fake?
Yes, it's fake.
Lol banned for correcting grammar. Nice one.
Its a satire of fundamentalist Christianity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church
YahwehIsTheWay is a member there. They are a funny bunch of people.
Unless you get all grammar-nazi on them, I guess!
I love to read the hate mail they get from xtian dickheads who think they are giving them a bad name.
It's quite a famous fake; though it's easy to see how people are taken in by it (I was myself for the longest time before I finally 'got it'). It's a perfect example of Poe's Law, in that it's impossible to parody this stuff without looking exactly like it.

(August 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Lol banned for correcting grammar. Nice one.

A slightly more extreme taster of the EvilBible forum before the meltdown.

(August 29, 2012 at 6:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I love to read the hate mail they get from xtian dickheads who think they are giving them a bad name.

Oh absolutely - that's often the funniest part! I've said it before and often, but those people are parodying themselves only they haven't the wit to see it!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Absolutely legit...nothing to see here (except True Christians™)....move along....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I am wonder why at the moment for the love of Krishna, I have not joined that site and act out my secret fantasy to be a raving "bible-believing" Christian in a public sphere.
undefined
Give it a try. Here's Pastor Deacon Fred to show you how it's done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECGkQLftpo?rel=0
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists fake egalitarianism? Heywood 94 14139 May 29, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  is psychiatry a fake science? Jextin 37 6306 October 19, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Is their such thing as as a "fake atheist" Sludgeman101 33 6405 June 30, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: darthbarracuda
  Karma, Real or Fake? kjgdkjsgdskjdgksa 43 8143 June 27, 2014 at 10:19 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  wouldn't heaven feel kinda fake? leodeo 21 7058 November 5, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas