Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
To the Moderators, please!
To the Moderators, please!
Hi,

Godschild and I have agreed to do a formal debate. Please see this post for the details:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14612-po...#pid336363

Is there any thread in which we can do a formal debate without interference from others? They have it in some forums. The thread is strictly moderated so others can't post in it and disturb the flow of arguments.

Thanks!!
RE: To the Moderators, please!
This should be fun.

Popcorn
(September 14, 2012 at 2:26 am)Minimalist Wrote: This should be fun.

Popcorn

Yes, I'm so excited. I'm grateful to Godschild for agreeing to a formal debate. I'm prepared to confine myself to only the text of the Bible - whether it's the Protestant one, the RC one or the Orthodox Bible.

It will be a great learning experience for me because it's not so long ago when I started reading up on my own faith and the Bible. Is there a facility for an uninterrupted debate in AF?

Cheers,
You can always do it via PM.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 14, 2012 at 3:14 am)Polaris Wrote: You can always do it via PM.

No, truth shall not hide under the bed, as Jesus himself said or is supposed to have said. It should be exposed. I know many "Bible-believing" Christians would rather not let such a debate to be exposed to the world. I can understand why. But I say let the world see the Ultimate Battle of the Universe between Godschild and Greneknight.

Greneknight is a Jedi Knight.
Christians I've met just don't go around pushing their faith around like some spectacle.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 14, 2012 at 3:24 am)Polaris Wrote: Christians I've met just don't go around pushing their faith around like some spectacle.

Would they be prepared to defend their faith in a PUBLIC debate? I thought that William Lane Craig (whom I utterly despise) does it all the time. Didn't he challenge Dawkins to a debate? Or is Craig not a true Christian, in your opinion?

I'd like to do what Craig does so openly. I will fight AGAINST the faith as many understand it. I will show there's no supernatural nonsense. I am glad Godschild has agreed to a debate. I hope it will at least afford some fun to folks.
They wouldn't waste time putting on a show for some stupid-ass debate.

And I really don't go by your true Christian BS....a Christian is a Christian. There should be no need to use the term true to describe a Christian because they are what they are....would you describe a dog as a true dog?
(September 14, 2012 at 3:33 am)Polaris Wrote: They wouldn't waste time putting on a show for some stupid-ass debate.

And I really don't go by your true Christian BS....a Christian is a Christian. There should be no need to use the term true to describe a Christian because they are what they are....would you describe a dog as a true dog?

That's my sentiment precisely. But I was just being accommodating. I'm always told by Christians on internet forums that I'm not a "true Christian". That's a term they came up with, not me. I'm just wondering if you thought Craig wasn't a true Christian because you said Christians don't like to have a spectacle.
We have a debate forum which is closed off to everyone but the participants. Read the rules there and contact a member of staff to set it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 974 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2683 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians: Please Explain Aractus 43 9684 December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Photo Christian Memes/Pics Because Reasons -- Please add your favorites stop_pushing_me 29 13682 September 23, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Please Explain Shuffle 26 5797 August 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  By all means, please take Christianity seriously Cato 13 3746 June 6, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Christians: Please explain the Exodus Aractus 274 20308 October 3, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! Jenny A 100 24945 September 9, 2014 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
Question Looking For Another Christian (please ignore if you are not a believer. Revelation777 212 23429 August 2, 2014 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Smile I Need A Sincere Christian Response Please ShaMan 58 12095 August 1, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: orangebox21