Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I quit smoking and
I quit smoking and
I quit smoking and my house smells like hell. I have washed my walls and cleaned the carpets yet when i leave and come home I still can smell smoke. I never knew how bad it was in here. I cant afford to replace all the carpet and paint. I have spent every day cleaning and yet it still hasn't helped. I am at a loss on what to do next.
RE: I quit smoking and
That is why I always smoke out a window and never forget to spray air freshener right after... unless I'm smokin' doobs. I'm always way too high to care. Tongue
Cunt
Congrats! I just quit smoking too. I never smoked in the house, though, so I don't know what to tell you. Open the fucking windows often and let it take its course. It can't stay forever.
I even cleaned my couch and chair and it sucks. I will never smoke again. I smoked for 42 years and it was not that hard to quit. If you put your mind to doing it you can get through it.
quitting is the easy part. remaining 'quit' for the next few weeks is the tough bit. i still found it easy.

and nice one, never too late to quick.
Good job guys. I have been quit for just under six weeks.

There's a special cleanser you can use for the walls which I'm told will cut the smell substantially. Regular cleaners won't do it. You might talk to a professional cleaner and see what they recommend. It's never been my impression that carpets are especially important, but I don't know. My place doesn't have carpet, and I've never noticed the smell. (Though I had a car I smoked in, and it reeked.)

Congratulations on your quit!

I've been quit for over 3 years. I think I had an easier quit than most (having had a lot of prior experience quitting), but if you need anything I can provide from my experience, feel free to ask.

I'll just offer one tip I found really useful. It's the acronym H.A.L.T., which stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. These are the times when we're likely to be most vulnerable to urges. If you have a difficult urge, and you are H, A, L, or T, attend to that first, and try to keep that in perspective.

Oh, and congratulations on your quit, too, Shell. I wish you the best.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Thanks, Apo!
Steam clean the carpets - wash down the walls. Smell all of your old clothes and see how bad the smell is on them.

The scent is very hard to get rid of.
(September 14, 2012 at 6:40 pm)apophenia Wrote:

There's a special cleanser you can use for the walls which I'm told will cut the smell substantially. Regular cleaners won't do it. You might talk to a professional cleaner and see what they recommend. It's never been my impression that carpets are especially important, but I don't know. My place doesn't have carpet, and I've never noticed the smell. (Though I had a car I smoked in, and it reeked.)

Congratulations on your quit!

I've been quit for over 3 years. I think I had an easier quit than most (having had a lot of prior experience quitting), but if you need anything I can provide from my experience, feel free to ask.

I'll just offer one tip I found really useful. It's the acronym H.A.L.T., which stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. These are the times when we're likely to be most vulnerable to urges. If you have a difficult urge, and you are H, A, L, or T, attend to that first, and try to keep that in perspective.

Oh, and congratulations on your quit, too, Shell. I wish you the best.

Thank You for the Info.

(September 14, 2012 at 6:44 pm)Shell B Wrote: Thanks, Apo!
Congrats. for you too!! Your at the hump now. It gets easier from there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have given up smoking 6 months ago , but ... Megabullshit 95 3404 April 1, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Keith Richards Gives Up Smoking! chimp3 7 578 February 19, 2020 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Are restaurants (USA) known for not paying employees who quit/walk out? EgoDeath 6 930 October 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I fucking quit... Jackalope 311 31992 October 8, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  ....I quit!!!!! Joods 70 7943 October 22, 2017 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Joods
  I Fucking Quit Too! Any one want to join me for weight loss? Whateverist 159 13986 February 28, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Shocked Pipes & Bongs for smoking drugs are now Illegal in Florida (starting July 1st) Big Blue Sky 7 3382 June 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Minor Smoking Rant thesummerqueen 40 9606 March 22, 2013 at 5:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Time To Quit Cinjin 57 11234 December 5, 2011 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Help Ely Quit Smoking Eilonnwy 92 17155 August 31, 2010 at 9:06 am
Last Post: Tiberius