Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have given up smoking 6 months ago , but ...
I have given up smoking 6 months ago , but ...
I eat nicotine gums daily .

Last night i did not get my gums due to lock downs and my head felt like exploding like a balloon .

The problem is when i don't chew this nicotine gums i feel extremely bored ,dull and restless

I want to try to quit this nicotine gums too

Anyone else have this issue ?

Huh

Thanks
RE: I have given up smoking 6 months ago , but ...
I quit cold turkey before the gums were available. It can be done. Admit you're an addict and believe you're stronger than this addiction. Keep telling yourself this. Every day without that carcinogen is a victory.
Thanks for the reply Gawdzilla Sama ,

Sometimes it feels like my brain keeps expanding if not given the daily dose of nicotine gums and i cant focus on anything else .

I think i should compare to some sort of bigger drug addiction , because when staying away from this gums i have lots of uncomfortable feelings .

Will try from this time on wards 12:43 PM 28/3/2020

This is going to be really dull and boring from now on

I also think the gums makes you high for a while .

If i take this away i don't think i am going to function properly for a few days
I also quit cold turkey. Was not pleasant, but can be done. After two weeks the physical craving is gone, and the real problems start: changing your habits, resisting to smoke out of habit (after a meal, when stressed, etc).

Yet, it can be done. What Gawdzilla said: Dont give up, tell yourself you are stronger than this.

Consoling
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
It's "One day at a time" because that's how you go through time. It's a fight, it's war. If you don't win you stand the chance of slowly suffocating when you're older, not a fun thing to have to go through. Me, I instead to die at the age of 100 from a fall sustained by jumping out a bedroom window with my pants in my hand.
(March 28, 2020 at 3:34 am)Deesse23 Wrote: I also quit cold turkey. Was not pleasant, but can be done. After two weeks the physical craving is gone, and the real problems start: changing your habits, resisting to smoke out of habit (after a meal, when stressed, etc).

Yet, it can be done. What Gawdzilla said: Dont give up, tell yourself you are stronger than this.

Consoling

Yes , the changing the habits is the hardest part .

If i quit my gum eating habits , i wont have any other habits i can enjoy , lol

But let me try

Due to diabetes i can't eat sugar either .

This is going to suck a lot .

Maybe i should start practicing yoga and meditation .

(March 28, 2020 at 3:38 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: It's "One day at a time" because that's how you go through time. It's a fight, it's war. If you don't win you stand the chance of slowly suffocating when you're older, not a fun thing to have to go through. Me, I instead to die at the age of 100 from a fall sustained by jumping out a bedroom window with my pants in my hand.

This is surely going to be a war .

Maybe i should change my name to yoga warrior

Blush
I can't really speak about nicotine addiction. I used to smoke but only very rarely and sociably. A packet would last me a year.

But as others have said, one day at a time, and be strong.

Good luck.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yup ,

45 minutes have passed since my last gum .

My head already have firings in it asking for another gum .

Let me see what happens if i don't give it gums this time

Thanks
Think of behaviours that can be substituted for smoking. I walked 22 miles one day to keep from having a cancer stick. The lawn needs all kinds of attention. How long since you fought it out with the dust bunnies under your bed? Car could use detailing, right?
I like learning something new , and i finished a distance education commerce degree on 13/3/2020 .I passed everything .

What else is there to learn ?

I can try learning C# or Assembly language , not sure which one to spend more time for . Assembly language is a lot of stress learning it

As for physical activities i work out in the evenings

Here in India it is summer time , the temperature can reach up to 39 degree - 40 degree celsius

So outdoor activities can be a bit hard under these temperatures

Almost 2 hours without a gum

Even my eye lids feels useless

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you do if given a ton of money? Ahriman 23 954 December 27, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Keith Richards Gives Up Smoking! chimp3 7 591 February 19, 2020 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1092 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  One year ago today Joods 32 3071 July 2, 2018 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Joods
  11 months Joods 24 1897 June 2, 2018 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Out in front of the hospital a few mins ago.... Brian37 22 2123 August 13, 2016 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Single after 1 year and 4 months :S Edwardo Piet 18 3234 July 9, 2015 at 9:28 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  [rant] Gave church 5 months to answer my questions. What was I thinking? IanHulett 3 1496 May 10, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Thumbs Down A week turned into two amd a half months. Keri 24 4702 December 13, 2014 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Violet
  At any given time, I am thinking about sex! My imaginary friend is GOD 38 6668 September 20, 2014 at 3:31 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome