Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another hero cop
Another hero cop
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012092...89H81.html

Quote:A Houston police officer shot and killed a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair Saturday inside a group home after police say the double amputee threatened the officer and aggressively waved a metal object that turned out to be a pen.

Again I say....these fucking cops are out of control.
RE: Another hero cop
You know what they say "the pen is mightier than than sword". He might have had written to the police before and they knew how good he was with a pen and were not taking any chances. Wink
(September 23, 2012 at 1:57 am)Minimalist Wrote: http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012092...89H81.html

Quote:A Houston police officer shot and killed a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair Saturday inside a group home after police say the double amputee threatened the officer and aggressively waved a metal object that turned out to be a pen.

Again I say....these fucking cops are out of control.
Or maybe he just hates cripples?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(September 23, 2012 at 4:51 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Or maybe he just hates cripples?

No to be at all judgmental or generalizing, but the cop is a Texan after all.. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 23, 2012 at 4:55 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
(September 23, 2012 at 4:51 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Or maybe he just hates cripples?

No to be at all judgmental or generalizing, but the cop is a Texan after all.. Tongue
So people don't like disabled folks in Texas?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(September 23, 2012 at 4:55 am)Kayenneh Wrote:

He probably didn't want to have to "give chase".

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I like cops. They put their lives at risk to keep me and my family safe. They're not perfect. Some abuse the system, but on the whole they're trying to do their jobs. My point is that I reserve judgement, even when the description sounds ridiculous as in this case. The real story in this case lies somewhere in this part of the article:

"Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said the man cornered the officer in his wheelchair and was making threats while trying to stab the officer with the pen. At the time, the officer did not know what the metal object was that the man was waving, Silva said. She said the man came "within inches to a foot" of the officer and did not follow instructions to calm down and remain still. "Fearing for his partner's safety and his own safety, he discharged his weapon," Silva told The Associated Press."
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
No doubt an honest mistake but cop was clearly an impulsive idiot and this is price you must pay for the police and public gun culture of the U.S.
The stinkin' douchebag probably won't get more than a slap on the wrists for this, either. Cops always seem to pull stupid shit like this, but they never seem to pay any penalty for it. Here's another example of a cop breaking into the wrong home, handcuffing a guy and shooting him in front of his wife:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&...FxpmY1mQs2

Question is, how can this crap be fixed?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Why wasn't this lunatic in a mental hospital or something? He was obviously unhinged.
I don't actually think its the cops fault if he was cornered. If the guy was waving it around then it could of been a pen knife or anything.
I think the fault belongs solely to the people who thought it a good idea to let out such a physically and mentally vulnerable person prone to violent threats.
No, sorry. I don't think its the cops fault on this occasion. It only takes one arm to shank some internal organs.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti Cop Apologist Memes The Architect Of Fate 18 1941 June 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Chelsea Manning, a hero, thanks Obama Foxaèr 3 1102 June 9, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is A True American Hero Minimalist 13 1903 July 14, 2016 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do gun nuts think they're going to play hero when it's been proven otherwise GoHalos1993 17 4745 December 5, 2015 at 1:16 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  What's this? An honest cop BrokenQuill92 2 847 July 15, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cop proselytizing his religion during traffic stop. bladevalant546 9 2986 October 8, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Retired cop shoots man in movie theater Manowar 9 1953 January 14, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Italies hero of the day Something completely different 0 586 October 2, 2013 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Another day another American gun rampage. downbeatplumb 51 8845 June 12, 2013 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Herman Görings brother, a forgoten hero Something completely different 1 891 March 8, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape