Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pakistan's PM to move for UN to prohibit blasphemy
Pakistan's PM to move for UN to prohibit blasphemy
News from the far-too-easily-offended department -

Quote:Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Saturday announced that the government would fight on all diplomatic fronts to stop the evil forces in the world from all kinds of anti-Islam actions like the recent blasphemous film.

“We would go to the UN and OIC and get a law passed to stop anti-Islam activities, including blasphemy, for-ever,” he added.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp...2012_pg7_2

Quote:THE divide in world opinion over what constitutes free speech will be on display again this week at the United Nations, where arguments over a proposed blasphemy law were an annual feature for a decade.

This time it is the global reaction to a YouTube video that disparages Islam's prophet Muhammad that is sure to roil the meeting of the UN General Assembly.

Muslim leaders have vowed to discuss the offensive video from their UN platforms, sowing concern among free-speech activists of a fresh push toward an international law that would criminalise blasphemy.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/push-to-call...26dlu.html
RE: Pakistan's PM to move for UN to prohibit blasphemy
He seriously needs to grow a pair. I mean come on, some random american insults his belief, so he wants to ban anyone insulting his belief? These people really need to look up the word "overreact".
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
"Fuck off" should be understood by all at the U.N. without translation, right?
Ugh, I just don't get it! Why do these people take such offense to everything? Jeez...if they think we'll go to hell for blasphemy (do muslims think that?) then why do they need to inflict worldly punishment? If every little insult (real or imagined) is a deadly attack on their faith, then they have one weak faith. I feel like you have to walk on eggshells for these people. There is a difference between 'offended' (hey, that was mean), and offended (Hey, let's kill some people for revenge).
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Heh. It seems like so long ago that he was our great ally in the fight against terror. Didn't Jon Stewart even have him on The Daily Show?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
No, that was Pervez Musharraf, not this assmongler. Musharraf was...well, he's an interesting man, to say the least. Rose to prominence via a military coup d'etat, orchestrated the destruction of peace talks between Pakistan and India, worked to try to bring peace with other nations in the region, forced his way into power and then instated nationwide general democratic elections and willingly conceded power when voted out of office, was tied up in tons of controversies involving armed conflict within his own nation, has a warrant for his arrest in his own country, and is the sole reason why Pakistan has any economy.

The man is the most bewildering individual and perhaps the biggest anti-hero of modern politics.

But no, this current fuckwit is just a rabid, ultranationalist sharia-forcing nutjob. What Pervez Musharraf built up for his country, Ashraf is completely fucking destroying.
Quote:“We would go to the UN and OIC and get a law passed to stop anti-Islam activities, including blasphemy, for-ever,” he added.

The UN doesn't pass laws. The UN passes gas.
(September 24, 2012 at 9:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:“We would go to the UN and OIC and get a law passed to stop anti-Islam activities, including blasphemy, for-ever,” he added.

The UN doesn't pass laws. The UN passes gas.

That is true. They DO tend to fart in our general direction...
These are all part of the show, man.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I didn't think the U.N had the power to pass laws affecting the domestic affairs of member countries.

And what qualifies as blasphemy or offensive?

And who defines it, afterall it appears that anything can offend the muslims.

Even the mere act of questioning their silly beliefs can qualify as blasphemy.

And when the muslims destroy other religions temples etc as they did with the Buddhist statues in Afganistan is that also blasphemy?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1787 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Mueller Makes The First Move Minimalist 31 4338 October 30, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2961 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Celebrities that said they would move Manowar 19 2186 November 11, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  "I Am Ever Move Confirmed in my Belief That Trump is a Sociopath" Jenny A 1 775 August 30, 2016 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The further people politically move from moderacy the more people lie là bạn điên 26 9153 December 30, 2013 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  Shutdown - The tea party`s last move? Something completely different 36 7465 October 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Raeven
  Russia embraces religious intolerance with draconian blasphemy and anti-gay laws Big Blue Sky 139 61270 July 20, 2013 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  In a Taliban hotbed, a woman runs for Pakistan's parliament pocaracas 3 1931 April 10, 2013 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Violet
  A Sleazeball Move So Sleazy That Minimalist 2 1034 June 15, 2011 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Violet