Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultimate Forum Rules Fail
Ultimate Forum Rules Fail
I just joined a Christian forum so that I can see what it's like to be in the minority in a forum. So far I'm enjoying my stay, but twice now they have edited my posts where I left a link where I'm quoting someone. The reason is that the forum rules say that posting URL's that are offensive to the faith is prohibited. The thing is that at the same time though, they also prohibit plagiarism.

I went to the forum rules to read them for myself to see if they fairly edited my post and I just had to facepalm...
  • You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. This includes user names or anything in your profile, or sig. (Ex. 20:7)
  • No Plagiarism. You must have permission to post copy righted material. When you do have permission, all due attribution is to be posted as well. (Ex. 20:15, Lev 19:11)

If you're using the Bible as the basis for forum rules, then it's of no surprise that contradictions will arise!

I have emailed one of the admins to make him aware of this. We'll see what he says about my treatment of my posts...

EDIT: for those of you skeptical of what I actually said: I was simply saying that Justin Martyr outlined how Mithraism was the same as Christianity in terms of practice. I left my source so that I would be taken seriously, but apparently that's "offensive".
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: Ultimate Forum Rules Fail
not a big surprise. Christians are hypocrites.

...and in general, they suck.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Even though you claim Christian forums are strict, they are nothing compared to other forums I have visited.

There is a site called Gamespot where they had a thread trashing another website....as soon as I stated that the staff on the other site were more mature, they went and deleted the whole thread. I may have gotten into trouble for even saying something that mundane.

Those Christians sites take those stances because they were created to talk about God and not about having pissing contests....even the sites that allow it, tend to keep it segregated from the rest of the forum.

The religion was seen as a rival of Christianity as a way of the elite trying to revive paganism against the threat of the popularity of the Christian religion amongst the masses.

The sole similarity would be the initiation meal resembling communion, but since food is a common link regarding fellowship (non-religious view), the early apologists were just wasting their time with the issue.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Quote:You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible.

Well fuck those pious motherfuckers.
(October 2, 2012 at 12:14 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible.

Well fuck those pious motherfuckers.

You wish.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Yeah, I'm sure he does. Creeper.
It's why I never waste my time with those shits. Such insecure little fuckwads that they think their silly-assed god can't handle any criticism at all. Why....they are almost like muslims, aren't they?
And I thought Christians were prudes....
They are. But they are also annoying little shits. Don't forget that.
(October 2, 2012 at 12:21 am)Minimalist Wrote: They are. But they are also annoying little shits. Don't forget that.

So not really any different than anti-theists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cliff Notes, For Forum Rules. Goosebump 18 593 February 12, 2024 at 7:01 am
Last Post: no one
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 933 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Road Rules and jerks..... Brian37 72 5092 March 5, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Parenting rules? Losty 36 1626 September 10, 2018 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  YouTube's New Monetization Rules Mechaghostman2 8 1506 January 28, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Dry Erase Board Fail vorlon13 13 1619 March 29, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What are some of your ultimate guilty pleasures 1994Californication 51 4727 April 3, 2016 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Okay, If Odd Rules Usually Reflect Prior Behavior Jenny A 8 1995 December 18, 2014 at 6:23 am
Last Post: abaris
  Bill Maher New Rules New Trend of The Super Rich Gooders1002 1 1668 March 21, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  So Much Intellectual Fail Thread thesummerqueen 23 5232 July 14, 2013 at 12:36 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen