Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Erase Board Fail
Dry Erase Board Fail
Dammit.

Bought a dry erase board and stuck it up in the kitchen to keep track of all the crap I have to do.

Sure didn't see much in the way of directions with the thing, other than how to mount it on the wall securely.  It did come with a marker, and it looks pretty ordinary.

-however-

somewhere along the way, I put up one reminder with a different felt tip marker, and apparently the technology of a dry erase board isn't in it's surface, it's in the fucking marker.  I have one message that won't erase.

Poo, with all my technical mastery, I did not know this . . . .

Dodgy
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Dry Erase Board Fail
So if anyone buys a dry erase board, don't misplace the marker. Science has failed us!
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote: I have one message that won't erase.

Try prayer?

Big Grin
Dry erase markers as sold separately.

1. Trace over the permanent ink with a dry erase marker. Choose a black dry erase marker, or the darkest color you own. ...
2. If that doesn't work, try rubbing alcohol. ...
3. Use acetone or nail polish remover if the stain persists. ...
4. Purchase a whiteboard cleaning solution if necessary. ...
5. Be skeptical of other solutions.

How to Remove Permanent Pen from a Whiteboard: 5 Steps
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Permanent-...Whiteboard
A liberal application of rubbing alcohol may remove the marker.

Edit: Or everything that GS said
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(March 29, 2017 at 12:22 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Dammit.

Bought a dry erase board and stuck it up in the kitchen to keep track of all the crap I have to do.

Sure didn't see much in the way of directions with the thing, other than how to mount it on the wall securely.  It did come with a marker, and it looks pretty ordinary.

-however-

somewhere along the way, I put up one reminder with a different felt tip marker, and apparently the technology of a dry erase board isn't in it's surface, it's in the fucking marker.  I have one message that won't erase.

Poo, with all my technical mastery, I did not know this . . . .

Dodgy

You poor old coot.

You have mastered Tumblr, but this little spec of 90's tech thwarted you.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Appreciate help !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Lol...
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Acetone = finger nail polish remover. I know you have that around the house.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Dry Erase Board Fail
Try car wax. Do the whole board on a regular basis.

It will make future fuck ups easy to clean up also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linda Brown of Brown v. Board of Education died (76) Cecelia 2 561 March 27, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  BABY ON BOARD signs Bahana 97 10808 October 13, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Advice needed: Become an HOA board member? Clueless Morgan 7 2049 April 10, 2015 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Recovering old PMs on another discussion board Clueless Morgan 6 2101 August 5, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  So Much Intellectual Fail Thread thesummerqueen 23 5208 July 14, 2013 at 12:36 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Ultimate Forum Rules Fail FallentoReason 24 8455 October 3, 2012 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Lion IRC
Music My Biggest Fail Ever.... JohnDG 13 3876 June 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Napoléon