Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greece is now building a F1 racing track for 100 million euros!
Greece is now building a F1 racing track for 100 million euros!
What could go wrong?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: Greece is now building a F1 racing track for 100 million euros!
they must be realy damn certain that some race will be held there otherwise they wouldn`t build it. but still, considering the current situation it sounds very stupid.

since Turkey`s current economic groath is so breathtaking, maybe greece should be reinterduced under turkish rule Wink
Businesses are going to shit, people are losing their homes, building construction has come to a stop in many places due to lack of funding, but yet they can blow 100 million on a bloody race track?

Sounds like they do really need to sort out their priorities.
If anyone ever needed evidence governments don't care about their people well there it is. They build a racetrack instead of using the money on social problems, they must want riots.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
There will be riots.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I cant help but notice that people are approaching this as though there isn't massive amounts of money to b had in F1.......
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If the government is short on money, why is investment in something that would increase tax receipts not a good idea???

(October 2, 2012 at 2:58 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: they must be realy damn certain that some race will be held there otherwise they wouldn`t build it. but still, considering the current situation it sounds very stupid.

since Turkey`s current economic groath is so breathtaking, maybe greece should be reinterduced under turkish rule Wink

Then there will be riots by the Turkophobes in the streets of Paris and Berlin.
Things have already gone wrong.

Greece, Italy and Spain are just kicking back and waiting for the inevitable global stock market crash.

Fucking capitalism.
Question is, what comes after that? I don't believe anyone on this forum has lived through the great depression nor a global great depression.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 2, 2012 at 2:58 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: they must be realy damn certain that some race will be held there otherwise they wouldn`t build it.
You really underestimate the stupidity of governments.

(October 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm)JohnDG Wrote: If anyone ever needed evidence governments don't know how to "stop spending" well there it is.
Fixed that for you.

(October 2, 2012 at 3:27 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I cant help but notice that people are approaching this as though there isn't massive amounts of money to b had in F1.......
That's assuming the F1 world will even be interested. It's a massive gamble. I think what people are complaining about is that there are plenty of other investments that would boost the economy, most in the short term which is what they need right now.

(October 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm)Chuck Wrote: If the government is short on money, why is investment in something that would increase tax receipts not a good idea???
Because it seems like such a risky investment. There are other ways to increase tax receipts which have a good chance of succeeding...and they don't cost 100 million Euros either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3129 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Building the Lifeboats DeistPaladin 12 714 September 16, 2020 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 908 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1223 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump just blew $59 million bucks! Jehanne 11 1430 April 8, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Oh, No...Looks Like Building Walls Is Complicated, Too! Minimalist 28 4639 March 30, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government pocaracas 14 2704 February 25, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1177 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  6 million fewer Democrats voted in 2016... Jehanne 51 7667 November 16, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Trump in his first 100 days Manowar 14 3332 November 10, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Aegon