Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something young kids today will never understand
Something young kids today will never understand
You get to name it.

My contribution:

They'll never get to experience the wonderful sound of modems dialing up and waiting half an hour for a picture to load on the computer.  These kids just don't know how great they have it today.
RE: Something young kids today will never understand
Life without smartphones.
Dying to live, living to die.
How Trump got elected.

TBH I don't really understand it either.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
The joy of physically slamming the phone down and actually hanging up on someone.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
The term "clockwise"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Getting the fuck off Min's lawn!!
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 30, 2018 at 11:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Getting the fuck off Min's lawn!!

OOOOOHHHH, I get it now. Fireball's lawn is fair game! Cranky

Though to be honest, I have no lawn. I put out black plastic on top and killed it all, and we are in the process of planting drought resistant plants. The only way I could make a 20% reduction in household water usage was to quit watering the lawn. I calculated that it actually consumed 20% of our water.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Lawns are overrated anyway.
They are.

But why do I care about mine so damn much?

Kids today will never experience getting their jollies from pancake boobies in the National Geographic.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
[Image: fc2f896897f9d7704e62ab4c0c4d4831.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3581 173831 Yesterday at 1:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1006 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Something to watch for (or avoid) The Valkyrie 24 2211 October 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 511708 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2165 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 675 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Something to think about .... scamper 16 1602 November 13, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A hint at something deeper Ahriman 0 206 October 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  I never Foxaèr 35 2773 October 5, 2022 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 398 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky