Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP candidate proposes teaching children a lesson they will never remember
GOP candidate proposes teaching children a lesson they will never remember
Apparently, in his new book "God's Law" Charlie Fuqua, running for the Arkansas House of Representatives, thinks (or wants you to think) that the death penalty for rebellious children is a good idea:

Quote:Fuqua doesn't think execution would have to be used often on children who defied their parents,

Probably not - once would be more than enough.

Quote:but suggests the deterrent effect of its legality would be beneficial.

Citing Deuteronomy 21:18-21, Fuqua is quick to point out that parents would not have "blanket authority to kill their children", urging the "proper procedure" be followed. He continues:

Quote:I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

Strangely enough, the Republican Party in Arkansas has withdrawn financial backing from the conveniently-named Fuqua and his running mates Jon Hubbard and Loy Mauch.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: GOP candidate proposes teaching children a lesson they will never remember
Surprising no one he is also anti abortion.

So according to Fuqwad you have to give birth a child you don't want, but it is ok to kill the same child later if it disrespects you.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
At least their inconsistency is consistent.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Another example of when people rightfully look at the nuts in the east who blow the heads of of women on soccer fields for alleged adultery based on hearsay, just look at this thread. The only think stopping Christianity from going that far is our Constitution and age of reason. If this fuckwad is willing to say kill children, if like minded people gain enough masses they could quite easily regress into the same barbarism they once did during the Dark Ages.

Our vigilence is what has prevented this so far and the cracked door of freedom of speech has eventually ended the sick bigotry of banning women from voting and segregation.

But all of that requires the quote "the price of freedom is eternal viggilance". This sick meme on this idiot's part may not gain any significiant power right now, but to say it cant happen in the future, that failure is what allows the same horrors in history to repeat.
He has a good point. We all know how the threat of the death penalty has resulted in a massive drop in murder rates.

Oh wait.
(October 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Surprising no one he is also anti abortion.

So according to Fuqwad you have to give birth a child you don't want, but it is ok to kill the same child later if it disrespects you.

This!
(October 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Probably not - once would be more than enough.

Definitively, eh..hehe, wtf is wrong with these folks? ROFLOL
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Religion.
If a candidate for any party in Australia made these sort of remarks, they would have been disendorsed quicker than I can click my fingers.
undefined
Why am I not surprised? Did they happen to mention what this candidate's party affiliation might be? I'd be sorely embarrassed to learn he was a democrat. Sure hope not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2098 130484 April 21, 2024 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1027 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10064 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2870 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1571 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1487 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1855 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1168 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 1924 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Who's your favorite Dem candidate? EgoDeath 57 5397 October 22, 2019 at 2:50 am
Last Post: EgoDeath