Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Santa Claus
On Santa Claus
I don't know how well this will work or if I should have chosen a different concept, but basically I'm here to defend Santa and convert all you unbelievers!

Santa Claus has left tangible evidence for his existence. Who do you think left the presents at the bottom of the tree every Christmas? I know that it is said that parents do that, which makes perfect sense! We all know Santa has his "Little Helpers". Santa obviously can't make it to every house in one night, that's a physical impossibility. So clearly if you saw your parents putting the presents under the tree then you know Santa couldn't personally deliver the goods to you that year. If you weren't a naughty brat and actually slept through the night... Well, chances are Santa was able to discretely put the presents under the tree!

Belief in Santa is rational. Show me otherwise.
P.s. believers, don't be shy! I don't have faith but evidence that suggests he's real, so dig right in!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: On Santa Claus
If you dare to say that he is from the North Pole, I will never talk to you again. Santa comes from Korvatunturi in Finnish Lapland, everyone knows this! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 12, 2012 at 3:08 am)Kayenneh Wrote: If you dare to say that he is from the North Pole, I will never talk to you again. Santa comes from Korvatunturi in Finnish Lapland, everyone knows this! Big Grin

Errr no.. It definitely is the North Pole. Repent or you run the risk of being put on the Naughty List.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
My Santa is more authentic than your Santa. Here's proof:
http://www.santatelevision.com/joulupukk...astattelu/

Oh? You don't understand the language? Guess someone is not chosen, ehm, I mean on the naughty list!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 12, 2012 at 3:26 am)Kayenneh Wrote: My Santa is more authentic than your Santa. Here's proof:
http://www.santatelevision.com/joulupukk...astattelu/

Oh? You don't understand the language? Guess someone is not chosen, ehm, I mean on the naughty list!

Santa is bilingual. Otherwise how could he wver coordinate the night with his Little Helpers around the world?
The Santa-ontological argument!

Our understanding of Santa is a gift giver than which no greater gift giver can be conceived.
The idea of Santa exists in the mind.
A gift giver which exists both in the mind and in reality is greater than a gift giver that exists only in the mind.
If Santa only exists in the mind, then we can conceive of a greater gift giver—that which exists in reality.
We cannot be imagining something that is greater than Santa.
Therefore, Santa exists.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(October 12, 2012 at 3:38 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: The Santa-ontological argument!

Our understanding of Santa is a gift giver than which no greater gift giver can be conceived.
The idea of Santa exists in the mind.
A gift giver which exists both in the mind and in reality is greater than a gift giver that exists only in the mind.
If Santa only exists in the mind, then we can conceive of a greater gift giver—that which exists in reality.
We cannot be imagining something that is greater than Santa.
Therefore, Santa exists.

And thus the bells jingled all the way. Well put my fellow Good Lister.
But remember, you're never enough. He's watching all the time and is not pleased with you naughty children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdb878e8Ryw

The lie of santa clause was diliberately perpetrated to confuse the christian population about jesus christ and his birthday. The truth is the actual date is unknown.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 12, 2012 at 5:07 am)JohnDG Wrote: The lie of santa clause was diliberately perpetrated to confuse the christian population about jesus christ and his birthday. The truth is the actual date is unknown.

BURN THE UNBELIEVER.

How dare you doubt the truth of Santa!

Didn't your parents tell you Santa was real! are you calling them liars!

And without him watching over you with his list for Xmas would you really ever be good?

Beside we have the evidence in the form of magically filled stockings at the time prophecy has decreed. Is not fulfilled prophecy "proof" enough for you!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Santa, NORAD, and You c172 21 1759 December 24, 2015 at 3:15 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Do Atheists celebrate Christmas? Or does Santa ignore your letters to north pole? ErGingerbreadMandude 13 1506 December 20, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Teaching your kids about Santa Clause Catholic_Lady 58 8215 September 9, 2015 at 1:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  So Santa was uncle Moe? LIES! Fruity 8 1963 November 25, 2013 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Santa doesn't exist Welsh cake 17 4213 November 14, 2010 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  [split] Santa is Satan fr0d0 13 10647 December 21, 2009 at 6:36 am
Last Post: leo-rcc