Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the "spirituality forums":
the "spirituality forums":
Okay, so, a while back, I got a user on this forum because I wanted to find some answers. Of course, I did, and I wanted to share my views with them.
Here it is!

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showth...hp?t=32797

Big Grin
so, yeah. Thought you guys might find this interesting.
RE: the "spirituality forums":
Very interesting. I think some of them were posting while they were high.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Every time you see the phrase "atheists believe in nothing" or "evolution is *just a theory*", alarm bells should start ringing in your head. It's when you realize you are amongst complete idiots.
I was once a member of a Christian forum. What I learned? People don't like evidence getting in the way of a good story. I left because they kept censoring my posts.
As you say Dagda:
Quote:People don't like evidence getting in the way of a good story.
Which is unfortunate.

Some say, as a defence for religion, that even though religion is just an illusion those it atelast make make people fill good on the journey of life. It's the same way that when you travel is the trip istelf more fun then the destination your going to. People say that religion does the same thing.

However, I find that, as with anything similar to this, to be crap. It's not a good defence of religion. I say that reality is more importent then preserving a lie that maybe sounds better.

Also jsut have to say that I agree with Overmars here:
Quote:Very interesting. I think some of them were posting while they were high
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of religious forums viocjit 35 16463 May 11, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why I'm on these forums (Q/A) Mystic 30 7164 January 3, 2016 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A Hindu Perspective: Science vs. Spirituality Krishna Jaganath 70 9427 November 17, 2015 at 11:19 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What is Spirituality? drfuzzy 14 4095 September 14, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheists on religious forums RobertE 66 11114 April 3, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  Religiosity, Spirituality and the Moral Gavin Duffy 104 18914 February 23, 2015 at 1:15 am
Last Post: ether-ore
  The development of spirituality in evolution. Mystic 2 911 June 14, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Do You Get Banned from Religious Forums? sunnyjim 59 19658 March 15, 2011 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  "Spirituality" Tabby 16 6760 June 21, 2009 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki