Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Get Banned from Religious Forums?
Do You Get Banned from Religious Forums?
I love to frequent some of the christian forums as well as the spiritual ones but i always end up getting banned because i dont agree with them LOL They dont have much patience

Christianforums.com keeps banning me they have no patience at all. They rule with a iron fist.

Only place I found that allowed more discussion was inthepursuitofgod.com/forum but they shut their forum down a while back. Yet I did see they opened back up again last week so I might see if I can enter some conversations there again

Do you get banned a lot from religious forums?
RE: Do You Get Banned from Religious Forums?
(February 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm)sunnyjim Wrote: I love to frequent some of the christian forums as well as the spiritual ones but i always end up getting banned because i dont agree with them LOL They dont have much patience

Christianforums.com keeps banning me they have no patience at all. They rule with a iron fist.

Only place I found that allowed more discussion was inthepursuitofgod.com/forum but they shut their forum down a while back. Yet I did see they opened back up again last week so I might see if I can enter some conversations there again

i visit a French forum that doesn't mind atheists (a rare occasion Big Grin). But people there are batshit insane, even by christian standards Big Grin

Quote:They dont have much patience

Actually, they are ignorant fucks. You don't have to hold your tongue around here.

Big Grin
Ive been banned from some religious forums just for saying I am an atheist.
(February 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm)sunnyjim Wrote: I love to frequent some of the christian forums as well as the spiritual ones but i always end up getting banned because i dont agree with them LOL They dont have much patience

I lasted all of 24 hours at Christian Forums.

What really annoys me is that they have an apologetics forum where non-believers are supposedly allowed to debate Christian doctrine. I only posted in this forum and still got banned for "bashing Christianity".

If you're going to have a closed forum, fine. Just say so. There's nothing wrong with that if this is your stated policy. But don't create a debate form and then tell only one side they have to play really nice and not make any forceful arguments. It reminded me of Fox Noise.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(February 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm)sunnyjim Wrote: Christianforums.com keeps banning me they have no patience at all. They rule with a iron fist.

Just checked out their rules. Looks like acquiring tunnel vision is a requirement. Just curious, did you read this before you joined?

These rules are SO FUCKED UP!Angry
(February 27, 2011 at 7:27 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Ive been banned from some religious forums just for saying I am an atheist.

Surely not! I'm shocked .

Try it on a Muslim forum.;they bay at the moon,AND make death threats.

BUT there is no right of expectation of 'fairness'or 'free speech' on any forum.They can and do make rules as silly and unfair as they like. Break the rules and you WILL be banned on most forums,even here.

No offence old boy,but I think your complaint is just a bit precious.
(February 27, 2011 at 9:26 pm)Emporion Wrote: ● Do not make posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or post instructions on how to complete deliverance.

HAHA
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
I find that I usually don't have much to say on them because...well, I have trouble relating to their thought processes. :/
(February 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm)sunnyjim Wrote: Do you get banned a lot from religious forums?

I've never felt the need to join one.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of religious forums viocjit 35 16554 May 11, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2547 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Banned from ChristianForums tacebotedo 84 11457 August 7, 2016 at 8:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why I'm on these forums (Q/A) Mystic 30 7248 January 3, 2016 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Atheists on religious forums RobertE 66 11169 April 3, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? Nope 60 15271 February 15, 2015 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Have you had experiences you'd describe as sacred, mystical and/or religious? Whateverist 62 13037 August 30, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Have you had experiences you'd describe as sacred, spiritual and/or religious? Whateverist 0 1376 August 19, 2014 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  How do you know you'll still be you when you get to heaven? Chad32 99 14359 August 4, 2014 at 8:35 am
Last Post: archangle
  Why get offended when you know you're right? Vegamo 22 4898 January 15, 2014 at 9:21 am
Last Post: Bad Writer