Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libertarians =/= Nazis
Libertarians =/= Nazis
In case anyone was still confused:

[Image: LIBERTARIAN-left-right.png]
RE: Libertarians =/= Nazis
cratehorus might as well call Jews anti-semitic.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
You should never believe your own propaganda, Divi Tiberio.
In other news, parties that share policies but not ideologies are not the same party.

Film at 11.

In all fairness, would anyone argue that the Libertarian party is the Republican party?

No.

We have a defined American Nazi Party and a defined Libertarian party.

They do not share the same ideology.

When they do, then they'll be synonymous.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
The Libertarian party isn't even necessarily the same as the libertarian political ideology anyways.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
it doesn`t matter how oftern one explains his political views or ideological background to someone.
Those who have a outright unreasonable rejection towards your views and those who ignore the rules of parlament will simply ignore the facts of your views and repeatedly troll insults and attribute negative images towards you.
One can only apeal towards the smarter less easily indoctrinated part of the public or can endlessly try to educate one on ones views.
(October 18, 2012 at 2:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You should never believe your own propaganda, Divi Tiberio.
It's not propaganda. Those are perfectly valid examples of what Libertarians believe in...or at least what they are supposed to believe in.
(October 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm)Tiberius Wrote: It's not propaganda. Those are perfectly valid examples of what Libertarians believe in...or at least what they are supposed to believe in.

Indeed. I know some fiscal conservatives who don't know what to do with themselves in the upcoming election -- they hate Romney but can't stomache the thought of Obama. One will vote Romney anyways, because he has the "Republican" label.

I stopped trying to convince them to support Gary Johnson or Ron Paul, despite both candidates views being more in line with a fiscal conservative than the lunatics of the GOP.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
There are a lot of fake Libertarians out there, as there are with any ideology. Likewise, there are a lot of people who are Libertarians but don't realise it.
I do take issue with the fact that the terms "nazi" and "fascist" have come to signify "anyone who disagrees with me." I think hyperbolic rhetoric such as that only deepens the political divide we see here in the U.S., but I also think that's what many people in this country actually want.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terminator vs. Trump and Nazis chimp3 5 1801 August 20, 2017 at 10:35 am
Last Post: chimp3
  At Least The WLB Is Making The Nazis Happy Minimalist 1 671 July 24, 2017 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The Nazis Want To Permanently Queer The Deal Minimalist 2 599 July 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Poor Drumpf..The Nazis Are Coming Home To Roost Minimalist 34 5016 January 14, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Damned Libertarians Minimalist 0 754 January 6, 2016 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Something I want libertarians to consider. Creed of Heresy 11 1885 September 28, 2013 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Hunting old nazis 70 years later Something completely different 22 5856 July 17, 2013 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Where did the "atheists are nazis" myth come from. Something completely different 17 4493 February 11, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Neo-Nazis Fly Under Radar cratehorus 85 30514 October 23, 2012 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  'Stop Calling us Nazis' cratehorus 18 5697 September 15, 2012 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Puddleglum