Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
personality types and atheism
personality types and atheism
Are certain personality types more likely to be atheist than others? More analytical ones... INTx for combos for example?

Post your Myer's Brigg's personality type (MBTI) and religious views.

If you do not already know your type, this test is pretty decent i think (although I hate the types of questions, I scored the same profile as I have previously got with professionally administered tests). And it's free; http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I am an INTP, and an atheist. Atheism is a no-brainer really.
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” – John 20:26-29
RE: personality types and atheism
Not to be a wet blanket, but Personality Types are kinda bunk.

16 types is not enough to categorize everyone on the planet.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I'll play. I'm an INFP, and I'm an atheist.
Generally, I find that theists are assholes.
(October 24, 2012 at 2:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Generally, I find that theists are assholes.

I'll have to disagree. Maybe you expect too much from people. Smile
Nope, Min just doesn't like people on his lawn. Tongue
Maybe these aren't worth a lot, but they can probably give an overall picture. This particular personality test is one that some professionals use.
Anyway, for fun, why not? (plus I've taken this one before)

I'm INFJ. I don't particularly like that I'm judging over perceiving, but there it is. Also INFJ is the rarest of all the combinations, according to that site. Weird.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(October 24, 2012 at 2:12 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 24, 2012 at 2:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Generally, I find that theists are assholes.

I'll have to disagree. Maybe you expect too much from people. Smile

People almost always disappoint!
Professionals are starting to use it to judge potential workers - that's not a very good way to hire people, in my opinion.
(October 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Professionals are starting to use it to judge potential workers - that's not a very good way to hire people, in my opinion.

I agree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2747 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27121 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12259 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12477 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12151 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10481 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Religion, Atheism, and Deism -and the middle ground. Mystic 6 3325 March 9, 2014 at 2:41 am
Last Post: rsb
  Favorite atheist personality? Chad32 56 11436 December 6, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Six types of atheist max-greece 30 5177 July 17, 2013 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What proof and evidence is there for "atheism" to be accurate and correct? SavedByChrist94 42 21764 January 12, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Aegrus