Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only I can judge God. I is you if you choose to be.

Using the term --- I am here means you. This applies to all of us. You are ( I ) to you as I am I to me. Only you then can judge the God construct that you see as you evaluate what you know of God.

Jesus said that at the end of days he would return. He meant in spirit only. Not a physical manifestation. He also said that the time of the end was at hand and that the temple of God was within each of us. The tern spirit represents, the spirit of the law, what is written in the hearts, ---- God in other words, ---- is defined as laws and rules and such as they are the only thing you can follow at all times, ---- and these are set by you and you are in effect ruling yourself in terms of following the God construct you have developed.

Jesus is telling you that you and your heart are the only things of importance in terms of leadership as it is the rules you have accepted as worthy of following. Jesus warned that at end times there would be a number of Jesus’ to choose from and morality is what you will have to choose from.

That is why I think it important to evaluate what Jesus said and determine if it is worthy and moral or not.

Jesus Christ. Madman or something worse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4QXOgVfY...r_embedded

Below, Bishop Spong speaks of basically redefining Christianity. Going from a church or religious thinking, to a more spiritual or heart felt thinking. I also urge Christianity to change because it is now too immoral to ignore with today’s mentality. It’s overall policies are immoral in my view. The God of war must die and Jesus declared the full and only God that is required and that the noble lie of politics should be revoked to let all know that the God you likely know was always a myth. This may be a good time for you to contemplate such a move as many Christians haves rejected the O.T. God and only focus on Jesus and loving policies.

Bishop Spong speaks well to this issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AfFcAmx-...ure=relmfu

Apotheosis means just recognizing that you are on a journey of being your own God. Some few will have help from God on this through a real apotheosis but only the very few it seems. You cannot get away from that fact so you may as well forget about fantasy, miracles and magic. They were never real and you are the strongest force you will ever know. After all, who but you can make you want to do anything voluntarily? There is no other force that can do this and therefore you are God in the real sense of being master of yourself. If that does not compute with you then remember that A & E became as Gods, God’s own words, and yours is the same birth rite. Throw it away if you wish. You cannot reject the knowledge of good and evil so I cannot fathom why you would throw away the fact that you as well can become as Gods.

The moral of Jesus and his sacrifice is that we should accept being God, and ruling ourselves even against a government if needs be. Become archetypal Moses and face government and declare that it faces one as great as itself. That is what being a free man is all about.

The time of the end is when Jesus becomes your God on earth, ---- again this is you, --- who takes the place of the mythical heavenly God of war. Jesus/you, as the way, the man’s way of judging first, not some absentee God’s unknown standard. Your covenant with yourself is to be the new covenant. Man answering to man and himself. Not to some unknown God.

This clip from J. Haidt shows that we instinctively share God’s morals. In this we are truly Gods and children of God.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

I am God because I am the only one who is capable of judging the God I know.
You are a God in your own rite as you are the only one who is capable of judging the God you know.

The Noble Lie is firmly in place and manipulating your thinking. Discard it. In this day and age we do not need it the way we may have in the past.

The Noble Lie.
In politics a noble lie is a myth or untruth, often, but not invariably, of a religious nature, knowingly told by an elite to maintain social harmony or to advance an agenda.

As a Gnostic Christian, this theology/philosophy is quite natural to me and can be for all people.

Try thinking as the God that you are. Stop being a sheep and rise to your true inheritance as a shepherd. That is the message Jesus wants you to recognize.

Regards
DL

P.S.
Listen to Jesus and hear for the first time in your life.
Ps 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.
Hosea 1:10 Ye are the sons of the living God.
Do you think that sons of God are destined to be sheep or shepherds?
Jesus was written to empower us. Not enslave us. Do not waste what he gave.
RE: Only I can judge God. I is you if you choose to be.
Quote:I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
And I am the Walrus... (can't leave that unfinished)

Greatest I Am... Lots to think on. Interesting... As always, thanks for posting.
The way I see it, everything in religion is figurative and is deeply rooted in human behavior. Were all gods or devils it just depends on what type you want to be. I wish that I could find the strength to be a good person, but I drink, smoke, do drugs and participate in things that are not qualities of a good person. I'm just a devil trying not to be one, but bad habits die hard.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
I have heard of similar ideas before. It really confuses me though...do you personally believe in a deity or is the Bible just a guide to living life in a practical manner where the divine and supernatural don't exist? Also, because you're a Gnostic, does that mean that you agree (for the most part) with the Gnostic documents that weren't canonized?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(October 30, 2012 at 9:29 pm)IATIA Wrote:
Quote:I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

You have it.
We are all in this together, alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfX...r_embedded

Regards
DL

(October 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm)festive1 Wrote: And I am the Walrus... (can't leave that unfinished)

Greatest I Am... Lots to think on. Interesting... As always, thanks for posting.

I blush. Thanks.

You migh want to listen to that Alan Watts link above.

Regards
DL

(October 31, 2012 at 3:06 am)JohnDG Wrote: The way I see it, everything in religion is figurative and is deeply rooted in human behavior. Were all gods or devils it just depends on what type you want to be. I wish that I could find the strength to be a good person, but I drink, smoke, do drugs and participate in things that are not qualities of a good person. I'm just a devil trying not to be one, but bad habits die hard.

I see nothing wrong with passions that are under control.
Life is here to be enjoyed to it's fullest and that includes the various form of enjoyments including alcohol and drugs.

We are social animals and these generally enhance social interaction.

We are also here to work on our characters and that would include mastering our passions.

Regards
DL

Quote:
(October 31, 2012 at 3:25 am)FallentoReason Wrote: I have heard of similar ideas before. It really confuses me though...do you personally believe in a deity

I think all religions should be considered to be myths unless one is unlucky enough to have an apotheosis and recognize that there is an unseen and un-provable evolution to man's consciousness.

Let me bend your ear.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself a Gnostic Christian naturalist.
Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheeple where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Quote: or is the Bible just a guide to living life in a practical manner where the divine and supernatural don't exist?

I think that religions were invented as a means of social manipulation and control.

I will add these clips to the mix for your consideration. The first which is part of the second speaks to my Gnostic Christian label and the second shows my view of religions overall and the Noble Lie that I think we and our governments should rescind. The third clip speaks to the reason that religions were invented in the first place as it shows why social control was required for city states that had to deal with the reality of finite resources. I see these city states as led by a timocratic king who through the religion that he would have created, also realized that there had to be a tyrannical part to his benevolent duty and created a religion to be just that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciand...D134B912A5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMtRm3b8...playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1wIEGnPWo

I see the King/God as having to have the morals shown in the Haigt clip.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

He would have to create his religion as expressed through his high priest/tyrant who would live by the first commandment of God, place no one above me as the enforcer of his King/God's rules and laws while still obeying his King. The larger Roman system would later assume the same system through the Noble Lie. First through the Flavians and later through Constantine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD0eSqFJ7J4

Quote: Also, because you're a Gnostic, does that mean that you agree (for the most part) with the Gnostic documents that weren't canonized?

I see all the ancient books of wisdom and gospels as written to just initiate and promote dialog for those who seek God. At the time of their writing, because of the finite resources of the city states, the Noble Lie may have been necessary. I do not think it is necessary today. What ruined the value of these books of wisdom was literal reading and belief that they were talking about a real God.

Place your mind in the time and place depicted in that Eden clip.
Think of yourself as King/God and you may see that strong controls would have been required.

Regards
DL
(October 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Only I can judge God.

Big Grin
Yeah, good luck with that.
(October 31, 2012 at 11:21 am)Drich Wrote:

Big Grin

Spoken like a true mindless sheep.

You yourself have judged God yet will not allow others to do the same.

I guess reciprocity is not one of the moral precepts that suits you even as it says to do unto others.

Jesus will be pleased that you do not do one of the big 2.

Regards
DL
(October 31, 2012 at 11:21 am)Drich Wrote:

Big Grin

If there were a god as depicted in your childish bible he would be a first-class twat.

You know what that makes you as a "follower."
(October 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: The tern spirit represents, the spirit of the law, what is written in the hearts,
Would you mind citing the Bible verse where you got this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13175 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 9418 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11728 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10144 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2169 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13743 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 21011 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 8553 March 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4212 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  The ONLY true christian Foxaèr 28 5974 January 28, 2016 at 6:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus