Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed?
Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed?
One to destroy all of humanity and one talking ass. it wasn't the :Devil cause the devil wasn't a thing when the snake fed them, God made a snake that talked just to fuck shit up. 

I don't know about the ass I actually just googled "how many talking animals are in the bible?" 2. But why??? 

I feel like this question is more important and I haven't seen anyone else bring it up. It's driving me crazy.
RE: Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed?
I'll speculate that to be consistent with how immortal souls work and the 'Sons of Adam' thing also, God needed some things said to human beings that could not plausibly be voiced by Himself or an inspired human being.

Therefore, an unensouled animal, with the power of speech.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote: It's driving me crazy.

There are no talking animals.  It's just more bullshit for the delusional.
(March 23, 2017 at 1:41 am)Minimalist Wrote: There are no talking animals.  It's just more bullshit for the delusional.

Humans are talking animals and I'm a nitpicky talking animal. Tongue
Be astonished, if you will, I found some jots and tittles in Scripture that are mutually consistent.

A rare day for me here at AF, that's for sure.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 23, 2017 at 1:41 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: It's driving me crazy.

There are no talking animals.  It's just more bullshit for the delusional.

Tell that to Creationist Cat.

God zapped him through the internet.
For all you know, God made thousands, even millions, of talking animals. But, much like the human species, not everyone gets quoted.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Indeed.

"How come you never talked before?"

"Up to now, everything was alright!"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think the usual Christian view is that talking animals are like ventriloquist's dummies. Satan was speaking through the serpent and an angel was speaking through Balam's ass...I know, that doesn't sound right.

Of course, why punish the serpent instead of the ventriloquist?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Er, your question pretty much answers itself.

If you're making things and you know you need an exact number, you typically make than number. You might make more for kicks, you might not.

How is this driving you crazy?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talking animal books LinuxGal 2 488 October 16, 2023 at 8:20 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3146 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13142 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19154 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Talking to mormons Ferrocyanide 31 2936 October 9, 2020 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5868 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8500 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10127 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9129 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29813 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda