Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user from Ireland
New user from Ireland
Hi there!

I'm new to forums, so forgive me if I'm not used to the ins and outs. Smile

My name's Rosie, and I hail from Ireland. I'm a 20 year old student. I was raised in a non-religious household (which I now thank you for, parents) but I did grow up in a society where religion has always been important, and I used to take part in religion classes as a child. However, in the last few years especially, I've sort of thought about it a bit more, and consider myself most definitely an atheist.

I look forward to being a part of this, and meeting like-minded people. Smile
RE: New user from Ireland
Welcome, dear.

So....you must have enjoyed watching the Irish church crash and burn?

Big Grin
(November 3, 2012 at 11:11 am)rozle27 Wrote: I look forward to being a part of this, and meeting like-minded people. Smile

Welcome Rosie. I tried to get them to be like-minded here but they're all kudo-minded. Don't let it stop you.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(November 3, 2012 at 11:14 am)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome, dear.

So....you must have enjoyed watching the Irish church crash and burn?

Big Grin

Thanks! Yup, it pretty much just fell apart, didn't it? And rightly so, too, after all those years of being untouched/untouchable.

(November 3, 2012 at 11:23 am)Tino Wrote:
(November 3, 2012 at 11:11 am)rozle27 Wrote: I look forward to being a part of this, and meeting like-minded people. Smile

Welcome Rosie. I tried to get them to be like-minded here but they're all kudo-minded. Don't let it stop you.

Hmmm...in that case, I'll just proceed with my thoughts, and hope I can at least resonate with some people, I guess!
Welcome to our forum.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Good to have you aboard!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Welcome tae the place that will drain every bit of free time a person has.
Cunt
Willkommen! from the nation whos people are assosiated with the worst sterotypes
(November 3, 2012 at 1:02 pm)frankiej Wrote: Welcome tae the place that will drain every bit of free time a person has.

I already seem to have remarkable little spare time on account of the internet...guess I just said goodbye to the rest. Smile

(November 3, 2012 at 1:07 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Willkommen! from the nation whos people are assosiated with the worst sterotypes

Cheers! And for the most part, I don't waste any time or effort on stereotypes, so it's all good. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AF User Map! wolf39us 142 50318 June 8, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New user, recent deconvert Lucian 5 781 September 9, 2022 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Jeff Bradt, user since 2013, becoming active JP Bradt 42 6090 March 15, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 949 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New User Baddogma 21 2082 July 23, 2019 at 7:41 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Hi from Ireland racingboo 16 1397 October 7, 2016 at 8:01 am
Last Post: robvalue
Big Grin New user! Fox 23 4259 September 2, 2015 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello from Ireland! PhilosophicalZebra 25 3103 April 21, 2015 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: PhilosophicalZebra
  Catholic user here CleanShavenJesus 31 7601 February 13, 2013 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  New New New Quid 23 4717 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm