Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time before God; the man in the sky
Time before God; the man in the sky
Was there the shared idea of God before communication techniques such as language, spoken or written? What was the motive behind creating God and religions? What form of expression first brought the idea about?

I only say idea because, God hasn't been proven objectively through the human senses. I mean visually, like you could take a picture of God for proof. "No pics, no proof" applies.

Existence exists with or without you. This is objectively proven because, more then one observer can sense existence.

But, why would something supernatural have the ability to govern the laws of this existence. The fact that anything at all exists gives credence that nature is intelligent enough to exist without God.

How to perceive God through the human physical senses so that more then one observer can visualize it, such as a picture or video.
Chemistry w/ Charisma
RE: Time before God; the man in the sky
(November 3, 2012 at 10:02 pm)ezak420 Wrote: Was there the shared idea of God before communication techniques such as language, spoken or written? What was the motive behind creating God and religions? What form of expression first brought the idea about?

I only say idea because, God hasn't been proven objectively through the human senses. I mean visually, like you could take a picture of God for proof. "No pics, no proof" applies.

Existence exists with or without you. This is objectively proven because, more then one observer can sense existence.

But, why would something supernatural have the ability to govern the laws of this existence. The fact that anything at all exists gives credence that nature is intelligent enough to exist without God.

How to perceive God through the human physical senses so that more then one observer can visualize it, such as a picture or video.

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I don't understand your post though. The last sentence, is it a question or did you forget to finish it? As it is, I'm not sure what you are trying to say (or ask?).
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Under the impression that evolution is the guiding force in the universe, what form of expression first brought the idea of God about? How did humans develop the idea that there is a supernatural force or being outside existence that governs the laws of existence. Was it not until language, spoken or written, that the idea of God was created?
Chemistry w/ Charisma
The idea of god, like any other, must've originated in someone's mind before having been able to be conveyed through language. Language is not a thing that comes up with abstract concepts, but it's used to pass them on from mind to mind.

Whether humans/proto-humans developed language before the emergence of mysticism and the earlier concepts of god is up for debate, but it's not unreasonable to assume that the development of linguistic capabilities coincided with other developments of the mental faculties.
(November 3, 2012 at 10:20 pm)ezak420 Wrote: Under the impression that evolution is the guiding force in the universe,
No "guidance" is involved. What you see (in retrospect) as "guidance" is merely a list of what remains.

Quote:what form of expression first brought the idea of God about? How did humans develop the idea that there is a supernatural force or being outside existence that governs the laws of existence. Was it not until language, spoken or written, that the idea of God was created?
The origins of supernatural this or thats trace all the way back to behavioral modernity, circa 50k BC, so far as we can tell.
(though I do believe there are some earlier finds that are generating buzz)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Why do people worry what happens after death,but dont think what happens before birth MountainsWinAgain 14 3618 June 21, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: RaisdCath