Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women are their own worst enemy
Women are their own worst enemy
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012111...VIJ80.html

Quote:CAIRO (AP) - The rise of the Muslim Brotherhood to power in Egypt has brought with it a new group of female politicians who say they are determined to bring more women into leadership roles - and at the same time want to consecrate a deeply conservative Islamic vision for women in Egypt.

Once again - the prime role of religion is to oppress women...and make them like it!
RE: Women are their own worst enemy
The roles of men and women in Islam are not actually clearly defined in the Quran itself. That's why different Muslims see women's roles in different ways.

Some Muslims are conservative, others are liberal, and others fall somewhere between, although all claim that their views are based on Islam.

The Muslims of a more traditional (conservative) position believe that women’s leadership roles in Muslim societies should be restricted while, on the other hand, the Muslims of a liberal position say that the conservative position has no basis in Islam. And, in fact, Muslim women have held high positions in the office and they have been even prime ministers and heads of state in some of the key Muslim nations such as Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Turkey, for example.
Interesting. You do know the bible says something quite different....

Quote: Timothy 2:12: I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

Titus 2: Women must be discreet, chaste, home keepers, good, obedient to their husbands, so that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Peter 3: Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/ma...z2C4gzYmaF

Of course, no self respecting christian male that didn't also have a lot of money and a close personal relationship with a restorative dentist would ever repeat this...but, it's in the book.
Maybe your god expected more out of muslims, didn't figure he'd have to spell that one out?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So Moses was about to descend the mountain with god's sacred rules when he had a thought. He turned his head around, keeping his balance as to not drop a tablet, and asked "Let me get this straight, the Arabs get all the oil and we have to cut the ends off of 'what'?!?"
I know I wouldn't mind 'submitting' myself to a good husband... Skunk
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I'll keep this "good husband"s wife busy while you're submitting. Teamwork OP - nerf teamwork!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 13, 2012 at 6:57 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I'll keep this "good husband"s wife busy while you're submitting. Teamwork OP - nerf teamwork!

ROFLOL

Speaking of, LoL? Angel
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(November 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012111...VIJ80.html

Quote:CAIRO (AP) - The rise of the Muslim Brotherhood to power in Egypt has brought with it a new group of female politicians who say they are determined to bring more women into leadership roles - and at the same time want to consecrate a deeply conservative Islamic vision for women in Egypt.

Once again - the prime role of religion is to oppress women...and make them like it!

This is not really much different to say Anti-Abortion Evangelical Christian women who consider themselves feminists at the same time. Some of these women have become preachers in these churches. Those women female Muslim brotherhood politicians, either interpret in a different way or ignore their cherished religious texts have a lot of verses which state that women are inferior to men.

By the way the Old and New Testaments along with the Quran are about as bad as each other, when it comes to their view of women. Although as far as I know it in the Quran and the Hadiths, women aren't banned from preaching or teaching to men (like they are in the Pastoral epistles in the New Testament).

(November 13, 2012 at 12:46 am)cato123 Wrote: Interesting. You do know the bible says something quite different....

Quote: Timothy 2:12: I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

Titus 2: Women must be discreet, chaste, home keepers, good, obedient to their husbands, so that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Peter 3: Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/ma...z2C4gzYmaF

Of course, no self respecting christian male that didn't also have a lot of money and a close personal relationship with a restorative dentist would ever repeat this...but, it's in the book.

If I were a bible believing Christian, I would not be ashamed to advocate this sort of stuff, along with the forbidding women from any Christian ministry that allowed them to have authority over men (1 Timothy 2:12) . Then again I would be wondering wither or not conditions such as epilepsy were caused by demons.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6355 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8148 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4760 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 39289 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 937 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  Hubble's Law in the Quran long before Hubble's own discovery WinterHold 49 18048 January 7, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7065 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Women allowed to dive in Saudi Arabia; more talk WinterHold 2 1284 September 28, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Niqab and Muslim Women WinterHold 34 9520 August 31, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Islam and Women Lebneni Murtad 48 8126 March 6, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: WinterHold