Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:30 pm

Poll: Do you believe the earth is less than 50,000 yrs old?
This poll is closed.
Yes
10.71%
3 10.71%
No
89.29%
25 89.29%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do so many laugh at creationists?
Why do so many laugh at creationists?
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=md6yh55h2#

Isn't it very interesting how many people laugh in situations like in the video. Typically, comedians get more laughs than any heckling when cracking jokes on creationism as well(as long as its not a "particular crowd"). In the vid we here about 40-45% of Americans are creationists at any given time, but I heard almost only laughter after the politician talked. So, creationists, why do you think this is?

Creationists, please give your take on the topics of the video, especially the earth's age. I am posting this and asking this because this question never gets really answered. (No pressure, but I anticipate either really uneducated answers or no answers from creationists. This is your chance to prove people like me wrong).
RE: Why do so many laugh at creationists?
Mainly it happens because they are fucking morons.... but if any accept your challenge you'll soon see.
Well I am happy to tell you that I am not a creationist. But they get laughed at because they are stupid. And as a result of voting no on the poll I already so two votes for yes.
If even some self confessed "bible believing" Christians can laugh at creationists (in particular Young Earth ones), why can't I?

However the bible has a lot more things which are plain false and truly embarrassing, given the discoveries science has made in the past five centuries or so. Like for example conditions such as Epilepsy being caused by demonic possession or the son of god stating that the mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds.

On second thought some of that assertions the bible says on certain things, would have been embarrassing even in the Classical world (when the New Testament was written down).
undefined
I think mainly because of the incredible lengths they will go to in order to rationalise their fairytales.

To whit.....

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/...-plushies/
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(November 18, 2012 at 8:39 pm)mr.atheist Wrote: Well I am happy to tell you that I am not a creationist. But they get laughed at because they are stupid. And as a result of voting no on the poll I already so two votes for yes.

One of those votes was mine... I'm not actually a creationist. Tongue
Cunt
(November 19, 2012 at 9:42 am)frankiej Wrote:
(November 18, 2012 at 8:39 pm)mr.atheist Wrote: Well I am happy to tell you that I am not a creationist. But they get laughed at because they are stupid. And as a result of voting no on the poll I already so two votes for yes.

One of those votes was mine... I'm not actually a creationist. Tongue

Well that's good to hear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry regarding creationists neil 48 1967 February 18, 2024 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3329 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  One God versus many T.J. 42 2976 December 6, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8358 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and couldn't help but laugh GODZILLA 28 5006 March 23, 2018 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
  My dad made me laugh unintentionally Der/die AtheistIn 16 5985 January 2, 2018 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Athene
  Important theological question for creationists Alex K 2 672 November 27, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How many churches/mosques/temples do you see everyday? Casca 23 2933 October 25, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians orangedude 14 1904 April 27, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why the "There are so many interpretations of the Bible" claim is confused Delicate 382 57734 November 3, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: drfuzzy