Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There must be something wrong with me or is it the world?
There must be something wrong with me or is it the world?
Lately I hate this earth (more so humanity as a whole) wishing either I could move planet or end it all, because when I look at this planet and see on the news or whatever, some nut committed this atrocity for some stupid reason or some county is fucking over there people more, or some lunatic created this stupid conspiracy about some psycho/government body or somebody started a war with somebody e.t.c. I am left thinking WTF humanity are we really this stupid, because I literally have no faith in humanity, I am amazed were have not completely destroyed are selves by now. We have religion nuts who want the dark ages back, where women are property and everybody is ruled with a book of spells, and It seems to be getting worse and worse. I would not be surprised if the governments of the world were trying to kill us, because there governed by complete morons or religious nuts who are funded by are real leaders, the elite plutocrats who properly control everything though $$$, and what is are best achievement, ah yes the ability to end all life in 45 mins with one touch of a button well done humanity.
We as a race have caused more destruction and evil to are self and the planet, than any other race of creatures in the history of the planet. We as a race are capable of some good, but in really we are demons, selfish, cruel and destructive and to make ourselves look better we created scapegoats i.e. God and the devil and put are real traits on to them, for a real demon, just look in the mirror.
Sorry for another (albertit shorter rant) but again it's something I needed to get off my chest.
(and if you think this is in the wrong place then feel free to move it to the R'lyeh or somewhere where this would be better off)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: There must be something wrong with me or is it the world?
Ask yourself if it's within your power to make your time in this world enjoyable.
tbh, I have always been a negative person, guess I just have to live being hateful, negative, self and humanity loathing being. I wish the world was not so fucked up, then I would enjoy it more. But that won't happen in my lifetime. I even loath and hate myself, for being a completely ignorant, self-righteous, lazy, spiteful, waste of a life.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(November 15, 2012 at 12:16 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: tbh, I have always been a negative person, guess I just have to live being hateful, negative, self and humanity loathing being. I wish the world was not so fucked up, then I would enjoy it more. But that won't happen in my lifetime. I even loath and hate myself, for being a completely ignorant, self-righteous, lazy, spiteful, waste of a life.

I used to to be that way, but I tuned my hate and negativity into indifference.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:I wish the world was not so fucked up, then I would enjoy it more.

This sentence makes me think that you don't actually hate the world, but you want to change it and you're frustrated because the world doesn't conform to your standards (correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only speculating).

If this is true, then your feelings are an understandable answer to a world that is, without doubt, far from perfect. But while the world has problems it would be intellectually dishonest to only focus on the negative aspects of humanity and forget the positive ones.

Humanity has improved a lot in the last few centuries. Slowly, but steadily, we're trying to get rid of oppression, superstitition and intellorance and to come up with better societies and moral systems.

Just think about what the Civil Rights Movement has accomplished in the USA. Sixty years ago Afro-Americans couldn't even vote in most of the southern states. Now we have a mixed-race president. You may not like Barack Obama's policies (I'm not a huge fan of some of them myself) but surely you can understand that we've done a lot of steps in the right direction.

Sure, there's still a lot of work to do. But simply saying that the world is rotten isn't going to change anything. If you wish that world weren't so bad, try to do something to change it.

There's plenty you can do. Treat people more kindly. Donate to a charity. Support laws that allow minorities to have rights. Join a support group for people in need. Everything counts.

Sure, you aren't going to solve all the problems in the world during your lifetime (then again, who can?) but at least you'll have helped people to deal with a problem, no matter how small.

Do not ask the world to change for the better. Do something good yourself.
I don't have standards for the world, I am just annoyed at how humanity manage to fuck everything up and only now trying to fix it when it may not be even possible to fix.
"We do what we must..because, we can. For the good of all of us....except the ones who are dead."
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something to watch for (or avoid) The Valkyrie 24 2244 October 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Something to think about .... scamper 16 1627 November 13, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A hint at something deeper Ahriman 0 208 October 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4695 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 444 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
  Something for nothing onlinebiker 92 4728 September 14, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The really real Something For Nothing no one 1 388 September 12, 2021 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1286 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
  A DNR that went wrong. Jehanne 12 762 March 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I Beleive... I Must Be A Racist! N0RT0N 49 3099 July 25, 2020 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Cecelia