Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican civil war: Fox News dumps Karl Rove & Dick Morris
Republican civil war: Fox News dumps Karl Rove & Dick Morris
http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-...ve-2012-12

Aparently, Rove is being removed from Faux News for his on-air meltdown on election night. As of now, they need specific permission from producers before booking either one of them.

Good riddance, I say.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Republican civil war: Fox News dumps Karl Rove & Dick Morris
I knew of this guy even here in Europe. I have noticed in political debates with friend here, that there are certain "terms of extreme", examples of situations which are perceived as horror situations and are therefor used by some in political debate as a horror examples of what could be.

"The american military industrial complex", "private company provided healthcare", "War in Iraq" are such terms for example.

Karl Rove and his campain tactic of diverting political discurs away from reality and facts, was one of these "horror examples" people gave to give an example of a situation which should never become reality here.

I hope now that he is gone, facts and reality will find their way back into the political discurse of the republican party.
They should keep him on. A Republican civil war is good for the rest of the country.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 5, 2012 at 9:37 am)Faith No More Wrote: They should keep him on. A Republican civil war is good for the rest of the country.

That depends on who wins.

If the Republicans get crazier and even further to the right but still manage to get enough political power to enact legislation, they could be VERY dangerous.

That being said, the Republican party was a very weak party from just before World War II until Regan revitalized the party. They lost most the presidential elections and they were generally the minority in congress/senate. I hope this happens and, honestly, I can see it happening. The Republican party has hitched their trailer to the 'angry old white guy vote.' Problem is, that's a dead end demographic. The ranks of democrats are going to swell because they're appealing more to groups that are going to be involve in future elections, namely immigrants, hispanic people and, most importantly, the youth vote. As the older vote dies off, the younger vote becomes the older voters and if they're already solidly alligned with democrats, it's going to be an uphill battle to get them to vote Republican.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
The infighting of the Republican party will make it very difficult for them to consolidate any real political power on the national level, so I don't see them having the clout to pass any legislation except at the state level in the red states.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
At the risk of being a annoying.

I notice again. That the term WAR is used to overexaturate the story

sorry, it is still a strange use of language for me Tongue
Next in line Bill O Reilly please.
(December 5, 2012 at 10:06 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: At the risk of being a annoying.

I notice again. That the term WAR is used to overexaturate the story

sorry, it is still a strange use of language for me Tongue

It's an American thing. We use the term a lot.

"War on poverty"
"War on drugs"
"War on crime"
etc.

Are we a violent culture or is that just my perspective?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 5, 2012 at 9:51 am)TaraJo Wrote:
(December 5, 2012 at 9:37 am)Faith No More Wrote: They should keep him on. A Republican civil war is good for the rest of the country.

That depends on who wins.

If the Republicans get crazier and even further to the right but still manage to get enough political power to enact legislation, they could be VERY dangerous.

That being said, the Republican party was a very weak party from just before World War II until Regan revitalized the party. They lost most the presidential elections and they were generally the minority in congress/senate. I hope this happens and, honestly, I can see it happening. The Republican party has hitched their trailer to the 'angry old white guy vote.' Problem is, that's a dead end demographic. The ranks of democrats are going to swell because they're appealing more to groups that are going to be involve in future elections, namely immigrants, hispanic people and, most importantly, the youth vote. As the older vote dies off, the younger vote becomes the older voters and if they're already solidly alligned with democrats, it's going to be an uphill battle to get them to vote Republican.
You dems are celebrating way too early....I heard this same song and dance from the Democrats, that they needed to reorganize, needed to move to the middle, needed to change leadership...., when they lost the House in the 2010 mid-terms, when G.W. won re-election, and when Clinton lost the Senate and House to the Republicans in the mid-terms of his first term in office....besides it's very difficult to unseat a sitting incumbent president....after Barack is gone I doubt that there will still be the same enthusiasm among minorities and younger voters to get out and vote...
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(December 5, 2012 at 11:17 am)A Theist Wrote: You dems are celebrating way too early....I heard this same song and dance from the Democrats, that they needed to reorganize, needed to move to the middle, needed to change leadership...., when they lost the House in the 2010 mid-terms, when G.W. won re-election, and when Clinton lost the Senate and House to the Republicans in the mid-terms of his first term in office....besides it's very difficult to unseat a sitting incumbent president....after Barack is gone I doubt that there will still be the same enthusiasm among minorities and younger voters to get out and vote...

You may be right. However, one of the most startling facets of the current Republican party is their inability to compromise. The reason that's important is that you have to be willing to compromise some in Washington, especially after an electoral defeat. If they're going to adamantly stick with the same policies we turned down this time, why is the public going to change its mind and vote for them the next time around? They're going to have to repackage themselves and their policies and to do that, they're going to need to make some compromises.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 495 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1570 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8890 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3262 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 754 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 285 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1156 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 912 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Civil Rights. Gawdzilla Sama 12 921 October 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 594 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama