Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Black Marble" (Earth at Night)
"Black Marble" (Earth at Night)
Photos from the Suomi satellite.

[Image: AUsLp.jpg]

[Image: 8dNpL.jpg]

[Image: GlIo7.jpg]

[Image: 3NLiY.jpg]

Higher quality images here: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/NPP/ne...night.html
RE: "Black Marble" (Earth at Night)
Love how well represented the lower Nile is. You can clearly tell that something is going on there - whereas it's difficult to determine where the Mississippi may be.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's neat how the United States has a grid-like pattern.
That's because yanks don't know what curved lines are.
My personal favorite:

[Image: C0044096-Korea_at_night,_satellite_image-SPL.jpg]

showing North Korea in contrast with South Korea and the (economicaly not that advanced) north east provinces of Liaoning and Jilin ín Manchuria - China.

These "night satilite images" are used to determine economical strenght of countries from which there are no official numbers.
As well as to determine the rate of poverty.
(December 6, 2012 at 11:30 am)Napoléon Wrote: That's because yanks don't know what curved lines are.

That's not true, you only have to sit in a group of Yankies to hear them incessantly going on about curved balls. I think it is some sort of affliction they have.
I want to know WTF is going on in the middle of the Out back in Australia.! Angry

Aliens?
(December 6, 2012 at 11:30 am)Napoléon Wrote: That's because yanks don't know what curved lines are.

Matthew 3:3
For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

People who believe in curved paths burn in hell.
(December 7, 2012 at 12:17 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I want to know WTF is going on in the middle of the Out back in Australia.! Angry

Aliens?

We found Padraic.
(December 7, 2012 at 12:17 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I want to know WTF is going on in the middle of the Out back in Australia.! Angry

Aliens?

No just Cuban's or is that the same thing? Eh I would run away in their position also.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 571 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25235 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 812 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 587 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4389 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  First ever black hole image released zebo-the-fat 68 5599 April 15, 2019 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ultra Massive Black Holes...... Brian37 55 7806 February 11, 2019 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Black hole eats a star Foxaèr 19 3240 June 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7341 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  What are the rationalizations of flat earth believers? ErGingerbreadMandude 48 6852 January 20, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist