Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evolution of Satan in the Bible
The Evolution of Satan in the Bible

Quite interesting and thought provoking, No Satan = No evil = No Hell.
Your thoughts.
Let the Apologetics, to worm there way out of this, BEGIN.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: The Evolution of Satan in the Bible
Say-tin is an obedient angel created by God...

BTW, I do find it hillarious that you would post a video that does not conform to mainstream interpretations... Just sayin...
Sans any Satan, xtians have no get out of jail free card to pull to hide the many fault and failings of being human.

Also noted is the absorption of the many polytheistic "trickster" gods into this Satan. Typical religious BS, if one can't use words or the sword one appropriates to rule

Very interesting ..... great find Gooders
(December 13, 2012 at 1:21 am)catfish Wrote: BTW, I do find it hillarious that you would post a video that does not conform to mainstream interpretations... Just sayin...

BTW, I do find it hilarious (well, not really) that you would post a post complaining about interpretations that are not mainstream when you are a non-trinitarian. Just saying. Wink
(December 13, 2012 at 1:07 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: Your thoughts.
My thoughts? Type it up.
(December 13, 2012 at 10:24 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(December 13, 2012 at 1:21 am)catfish Wrote: BTW, I do find it hillarious that you would post a video that does not conform to mainstream interpretations... Just sayin...

BTW, I do find it hilarious (well, not really) that you would post a post complaining about interpretations that are not mainstream when you are a non-trinitarian. Just saying. Wink

Was I complaining about the interpretation? No...
I was pointing out the hypocritical poster who chastised me for NOT being mainstream, for not being mainstream... BTW, you're very amusing too...
(December 13, 2012 at 1:21 am)catfish Wrote: Say-tin is an obedient angel created by God...

Funny as hell. The dude that types Yeshua instead of Jesus punches in Say-tin.
hell isn't real...
(December 13, 2012 at 10:36 pm)catfish Wrote: hell isn't real...

I know this.

You seem to have absolutely no sense for the ironic. Lighten up.
say-tin isn't real...
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2593 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God vs Satan - Bible UniverseCaptain 5 1210 October 17, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: no one
  Satan and Making Mock zwanzig 24 2260 May 21, 2021 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7602 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Santa is an anagram for Satan goombah111 34 5039 January 27, 2017 at 5:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why don't Christians admire/LOVE SATAN instead of the biblical God? ProgrammingGodJordan 18 3635 January 21, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What if Satan won? ForsakenHeretic 67 17349 September 2, 2015 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Challenge to christians: Satan wrote the bible robvalue 120 23098 February 15, 2015 at 5:13 am
Last Post: emilynghiem
Tongue It's Satan who plants the question 'why?' MountainsWinAgain 12 3499 June 20, 2014 at 9:28 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
Lightbulb The Devil aka. Satan God Is Not Gr8 14 5034 February 25, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: professor