Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The H&K Scale (measures religious stupidity)
The H&K Scale (measures religious stupidity)
I give you the H&K scale (named after Huckabee and Khamenei): it measures religious stupidity.

[Image: 305473_390876274321533_1962841875_n.jpg]

It's pretty easy to understand and is pretty self explanatory.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: The H&K Scale (measures religious stupidity)
I already heared that Huckabee made some comment about the recent massacre saying that "it happened because god isn`t in schools"

Did Khamenei also say something really stupid about it?
It fucking astounds me that in our modern age with computers and knowledge of DNA and deep space, and someone can pick up knuckle dragging tribal ranting trip written in a scientifically ignorant age and still believe it to be fact.

This does scare me about our species. If a si fi writer can start Scientology there is nothing stopping a Star Wars fan or Harry Potter fan from starting a religion.
(December 19, 2012 at 8:20 am)Brian37 Wrote: This does scare me about our species. If a si fi writer can start Scientology there is nothing stopping a Star Wars fan or Harry Potter fan from starting a religion.
Oh, ye of little faith!
Star wars religion in Czech Republic
May the Farce be with you!
(December 19, 2012 at 10:53 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(December 19, 2012 at 8:20 am)Brian37 Wrote: This does scare me about our species. If a si fi writer can start Scientology there is nothing stopping a Star Wars fan or Harry Potter fan from starting a religion.
Oh, ye of little faith!
Star wars religion in Czech Republic

I really would love to be shocked and surprised, but this same species once believed the sun was a god, and even idiots today based their life's decisions on newspaper horoscopes and believe in the "magic bullet" JFK conspiracy.

You are really getting me down. Sometimes I wish the nukes would go off(not really) but damn. Evolution can produce both rational and irrational people.

It really makes me want to "ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!" Pull my hair out.
There are enough crazy people in the world for there to be a few who fulfill a niche, any niche... remember rule 34?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conservatard Xhrisfucks - Reinventing Stupidity On A Cosmic Scale Minimalist 9 819 February 11, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The stupidity of sin robvalue 164 22148 October 14, 2016 at 7:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Typical Christian/creationist stupidity. bussta33 12 3827 February 1, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religious Stupidity In Antarctica God of Mr. Hanky 0 1015 December 29, 2015 at 8:42 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Right.... More Stupidity fom theists Minimalist 22 4920 April 8, 2014 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32892 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  More stupidity from muslim morons AngelaRachnid 1 1559 April 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Paul the Human