Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas
Have fun with your families and if you are not with your family, give them a call and give them your regards.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
RE: Merry Christmas
My mommy got me some nice shirts. I got her some nice decorations and a mug and framed her a poem I wrote for her. But no matter how you celibrate or why you celibrate it is always nice to spend time with family and you never need a particular day to do that.

But Happy Holidays to all. And it goes without saying, if you drink don't drive.
Merry Fistmas.
Cunt
I am pissed that I didn't get Anjelina Jolie unwrapped under my tree. I NEVER GET WHAT I WANT! Oh well.
http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily...christmas/

Quote:The earliest mention of December 25 as Jesus’ birthday comes from a mid-fourth-century Roman almanac that lists the death dates of various Christian bishops and martyrs. The first date listed, December 25, is marked: natus Christus in Betleem Judeae: “Christ was born in Bethlehem of Judea.”3 In about 400 C.E., Augustine of Hippo mentions a local dissident Christian group, the Donatists, who apparently kept Christmas festivals on December 25, but refused to celebrate the Epiphany on January 6, regarding it as an innovation. Since the Donatist group only emerged during the persecution under Diocletian in 312 C.E. and then remained stubbornly attached to the practices of that moment in time, they seem to represent an older North African Christian tradition.
(December 25, 2012 at 1:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily...christmas/

Quote:The earliest mention of December 25 as Jesus’ birthday comes from a mid-fourth-century Roman almanac that lists the death dates of various Christian bishops and martyrs. The first date listed, December 25, is marked: natus Christus in Betleem Judeae: “Christ was born in Bethlehem of Judea.”3 In about 400 C.E., Augustine of Hippo mentions a local dissident Christian group, the Donatists, who apparently kept Christmas festivals on December 25, but refused to celebrate the Epiphany on January 6, regarding it as an innovation. Since the Donatist group only emerged during the persecution under Diocletian in 312 C.E. and then remained stubbornly attached to the practices of that moment in time, they seem to represent an older North African Christian tradition.

Thank you Captain Obvious.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
MFC.

I got books, good company, and maybe a little smoke for later. It can't get much better.

The best to everyone.
Yeah happy christmas fellow heathens!

As for myself, I'm sitting here remembering the true meaning of christmas!

It ain't jebus, it ain't giving presents, the true meaning of christmas is getting so sodding drunk you wake up in the year 2013!!!
(December 25, 2012 at 1:42 pm)Polaris Wrote:
(December 25, 2012 at 1:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily...christmas/

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Um, I wish this history was obvious, but to most it is not. It takes time to convince humans that the earth is not flat, I think Galileo can attest to the stupidity of our species.
Given enough wine, any christian is tolerable. PARTY'S ON Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 755 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 913 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 812 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 860 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 3706 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1880 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 405 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 845 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 509 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm
  Merry Christmas you old otter you no one 3 1068 December 7, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah