Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftwing Newspaper Gone Too Far?
Leftwing Newspaper Gone Too Far?
A local New York newspaper sparks outrage from its readers after publishing a map along with the names and addresses of thousands of residents who have handgun permits...Is this the left gone crazy?...isn't this irresponsible journalism and isn't this just inciting more incidences of violence....

"New York newspaper faces backlash after publishing map of gun permit holders"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/...t-holders/
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Leftwing Newspaper Gone Too Far?
If I was one of the residents I'd be taking legal action.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Interesting little note I found on the Huffington Post about the journalist who wrote the article....the hypocrite himself owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum!...Gotta love those leftist double standards!
Quote:"The article also has an editor's note attached to it describing the type of gun the journalist who wrote the article owns. "Journal News reporter Dwight R. Worley owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum and has had a residence permit in New York City for that weapon since February 2011," it states."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/25...62530.html

(December 26, 2012 at 8:59 am)Zen Badger Wrote: If I was one of the residents I'd be taking legal action.
Unfortunately they can't...it's public information....and I don't even know if the paper could actually be held liable if someone were hurt or maybe killed over this article, (I don't think they can be)...this was definitely irresponsible.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
It sounds a little over the top to be so apprehensive about the list. You are put into to telephone directories - which are made public - without your consent all the time. It even happens to people who have specifically chosen to have private and unlisted numbers.
(December 26, 2012 at 9:14 am)Aractus Wrote: It sounds a little over the top to be so apprehensive about the list. You are put into to telephone directories - which are made public - without your consent all the time. It even happens to people who have specifically chosen to have private and unlisted numbers.

But it also shows by definition the households that don't have guns.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(December 26, 2012 at 9:14 am)Aractus Wrote: It sounds a little over the top to be so apprehensive about the list. You are put into to telephone directories - which are made public - without your consent all the time. It even happens to people who have specifically chosen to have private and unlisted numbers.
Seriously?!....We're not talking about a phone directory here...we're talking about a newspaper that has posted a map along with the names and addresses of particular residents they want to see persecuted...namely gun permit holders...a lot different from the purpose of a phone directory!

Everyone in that area would knows who's packin heat and not to fuck with that house.
Funny how recently conservative figures defended the actions of a UK newspaper, when it published the adresses of sexoffenders who had been released from jail.

I generaly believe that private information shouldnt be published and that every peron has the right to privacy.
(December 26, 2012 at 9:28 am)Great Ape Wrote: Everyone in that area would knows who's packin heat and not to fuck with that house.
On the otherhand, they would also know which households in the area that are not packing heat, oops!...thanks to the fine journalist that wrote the article, who, btw, owns and has a permit to carry his own .357 Smith and Wesson...

(December 26, 2012 at 9:33 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Funny how recently conservative figures defended the actions of a UK newspaper, when it published the adresses of sexoffenders who had been released from jail.

I generaly believe that private information shouldnt be published and that every peron has the right to privacy.
You don't see the difference here, publishing the addresses of convicted Child Sex Predators in your area as opposed to posting the names and addresses of law abiding citizens who just happen to be legal gun permit holders?...(In our county, the Sheriff's Department alerts residents by mail if a convicted sex offender moves into our area.)

Mister Theists, you are right.

Hang 'em all those communist bastards, right after the rodeo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Right on the Rise Foxaèr 2 366 September 14, 2022 at 6:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1108 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "Activist Judges" and the BS far right..... Brian37 10 634 October 16, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's catering to the far right. Jehanne 18 1498 April 23, 2019 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 3798 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1287 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica Foxaèr 8 1045 September 9, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: brewer
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 563 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Us Too, Shitstain. Minimalist 7 890 June 4, 2018 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Philosophy of Politics. UK has too much pussies nowadays too : 3 Duriu 7 1506 May 6, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist