Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The implications of God's ideal world
The implications of God's ideal world
Ok, I thought of this when I watched this DarkMatter2525 video the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_a6RjR_AHY

And, yeah, he seems to have a point, but he didn't explore that line of thinking as well as he could have.

If creationism could be true and nobody ever ate the fruit in the garden, what would some of the implications be? No death, for man or animals, but we were told 'be fruitful and multiply' before death came along. Obviously, that 'no death' rule doesn't seem to apply for plants, otherwise they couldn't have eaten anything from the garden due to having to kill the plant. Or could it? You can easily pick fruit from a tree without killing the tree. Many vegetables can also be eaten without killing the plant they came from.

Worse yet, though, is when we think about how many minute creatures would be able to survive forever. I mean, think about it: if you wind up with some kind of parasite like ringworm and you simply can't kill it, how obnoxious would that be? If the 'no death' rule extends to bacteria, it's even worse because something as simple as penicillin wouldn't work to kill the bacteria that's causing you to cough, sneeze, run a feever and be generally weak and tired.

But, then there's the other, physical limitations on such a world. We do have these laws called 'the law of conservation of mass' and 'the law of conservation of energy.' As for energy, we get plenty of energy from the sun, so something would probably be able to be worked out, but conservation of mass..... that's a different story. Fact is, the only reason life has been able to exist as long as it has is because the matter that composes living organisms is recycled. In fact, many of the atoms that inhabit my body have probably inhabited the bodies of great people in history like Cleopatra, Ghengis Khan and Alexander the Great. If nobody dies, though, and we're still supposed to 'be fruitful and multiply,' there's no recycling of living matter anymore. Where are we going to get new matter to replace all the multiplication?

Is there anything else I missed with this hole in creationism?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: The implications of God's ideal world
I always thought the immortal part only applied to humans.
After all, it wasn't the animals that ate from the tree of knowledge...
(January 3, 2013 at 2:32 pm)pocaracas Wrote: I always thought the immortal part only applied to humans.
After all, it wasn't the animals that ate from the tree of knowledge...

That, by itself, is a pretty freaky implication, too. Imagine a world filled with nothing but naked people who have already eaten all the rest of the plant and animal matter.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
That was awesome. I love the flamingo fucking the hippo.

A more G rated criticism of the bible you can find on the Yutube series "Mr Deity".
(January 3, 2013 at 4:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote: That was awesome. I love the flamingo fucking the hippo.

A more G rated criticism of the bible you can find on the Yutube series "Mr Deity".

I'll look him up.

I have to admit, Darkmatter isn't exactly G rated, but his stuff is certainly entertaining. This is his video that first got my attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMyjKQ725E

I just love DM's work (and Mr Deity as well, of course). I could fill the whole thread with my particular favourites of his. Some of them have even featured guest star voiceovers, for example Thunderf00t has popped up in a couple to my knowledge. However, I've resisted looking at his latest, in your OP, because I've been trying to put together a video on what I guess is a similar theme and I don't want to be influenced by it, or perhaps I should say I wouldn't want to be put off by finding out I might end up inadvertently copying DM.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The bible is a little more entertaining than I would have thought.
(January 3, 2013 at 10:49 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(January 3, 2013 at 4:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote: That was awesome. I love the flamingo fucking the hippo.

I'll look him up.

I have to admit, Darkmatter isn't exactly G rated, but his stuff is certainly entertaining. This is his video that first got my attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMyjKQ725E

Well, most believers who watch this are going to accuse us FALSELY of multiple things.

The weekend worshipers(especially the younger ones) will say "THATS NOT IN THE BIBLE) To wit we respond(oh no, you don't have to trust us, pick it up yourself and read it, it IS all in there)

The other one we get is "you are deliberately taking those stories out of context".

My response, "Well to me it doesn't matter, would you take your 7 year old kid to a rated R or rated X movie? Would you take a kid to a superman movie where a woman was being raped and got her throat slit and only after she died Superman did something?" Remember if it is all out of context according to the believers claim "God is watching this happen".

Would any sane parent in their right mind allow their kid to get their spouse drunk enough to fuck their own daughter? But this is what God wanted and watched(according to the myth).

The bible is merely an overexageration of local myths and legends, a soap opera (a very sick soap opera.). It is 40 Chapters of a Jerry Springer episode and God is the ring master.
It would be very hard to be a gardener (Adams job) in a garden without death. how could he prune or cut a hedge, mow a lawn, without killing parts of the plant. The fruit itself is composed of living tissue, as is cancer. It could be argued that a gardener could plant the cuttings, but not in the case of sub-shrubs or grass. There is also the problem of annuals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1844 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What Would the World b Like if You were God Rhondazvous 45 8567 August 23, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: ForsakenHeretic
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19362 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Would the world neccesarily be a better place without God/religion? ABS 16 7300 January 29, 2012 at 2:12 am
Last Post: AthiestAtheist
  Does the world need religion, even if it doesn't need God? Darwinian 21 9799 January 25, 2012 at 9:31 am
Last Post: J.Wylie
  God created the world in 7 days. Define "Day" Cerrone 45 18179 September 24, 2010 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels