Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tea
Tea
What kind of tea do you prefer? Many folks tend to head in the direction of sweet tea around here. I like it, but I'd rather have a cup of hot tea. It's relaxing. My favorite of all would have to be:
[Image: 133558875_yogi-tea-kava-stress-relief-ca...-bags-.jpg]

Yogi Kava is heavy on cinnamon and cardamom. It tastes kind of like Russia. I really enjoy it. I found a peach tea that I like very much. Peppermint teas and jasmine teas are also near to my heart.

What are your favorites? What is your favorite way to make tea? Favorite place to drink it?! This thread is for all your tea-discussion wants and needs.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
RE: Tea
Earl Grey is my standard cup of tea... I drink plenty of it.

Even staying within the Earl Grey family you have the lovely Lady Grey, it is delicious also. Other Earl Grey teas I drink are Sunshine Grey and Jasmine Earl Grey.

Right, teas I drink on a regular basis:

Green
Chai
Rose Garden
Redbush
Assam
Darjeeling
Chamomile with vanilla and honey
Ceylon
Oolong
English Breakfast
Lemon and Ginger

I drink a fuck load of tea.
Cunt
I like the smell of Earl Grey more than the taste. I've never tried any of the other varieties, so I must hold my judgement on them as a whole. Do you add anything to your tea? Generally, if I do add anything, it's honey.
Nope, I take it black... like my men.
Cunt
Haha. I like teas that don't need much added to them, but I love honey and jasmine tea together. I've made it into iced tea before and it's extremely refreshing. I have been avoiding teas with vanilla flavoring in them. I see you have one on your list. Is it something you'd recommend? Is it super vanilla-y?
I tried to get into tea drinking not long ago but it just doesn't taste that great to me. I've tried plenty of Earl Grey tea's (Lady Grey, too), from all different manufacturers and I just couldn't find one for me. I preferred Twinning's English Breakfast tea.

Bestow your infinite knowledge upon me, oh, wise tea-drinkers of AF.org
Quote:Haha. I like teas that don't need much added to them, but I love honey and jasmine tea together. I've made it into iced tea before and it's extremely refreshing. I have been avoiding teas with vanilla flavoring in them. I see you have one on your list. Is it something you'd recommend? Is it super vanilla-y?

Well, it is just because I bought it once and then kept going back. The vanilla is occasionally a bit overpowering, but not too bad... I will occasionally dip in a normal tea bag into the cup and it adds just a lil' something that takes the edge off.

I have had this Assam with vanilla by Clippers... that was amazing. The vanilla flavouring was just right. Ah, I have fond memories of the nights I spent with that tea.

Usually though, vanilla flavouring is too powerful. Having some of your own vanilla extract to use might be a better option... that way you can get it just right.
Cunt
Well, I really like Yogi brand in general. Their teas are very flavorful.

EDIT: I don't mind a touch of vanilla, but I don't want to drown in it. Nice tip with using another tea bag.
Annik Wrote:Yogi Kava is heavy on cinnamon and cadmium

Ummm....isn't cadmium a carcinogen?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 6, 2013 at 5:55 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Annik Wrote:Yogi Kava is heavy on cinnamon and cadmium

Ummm....isn't cadmium a carcinogen?

*cardamom

Apparently, my spell-check cannot be trusted. I'll start sleeping with a knife under my pillow. Thanks for the heads up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you take your tea? BrokenQuill92 29 1233 November 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Tea Longhorn 38 4474 April 30, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Take That You Tea-Sippers. Minimalist 23 3578 March 4, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Tea time BrokenQuill92 10 1225 February 18, 2014 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Godscreated
Shocked GOP Candidate Warns:Yoga Leads to Satan,God Created the Tea Party,...etc Pretzel Logic 15 4962 October 30, 2013 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Do you know how to CORRECTLY add milk to your tea? CleanShavenJesus 47 7142 June 22, 2013 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  Tea? Napoléon 69 14406 August 12, 2011 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: fr0d0