Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Candidate Warns:Yoga Leads to Satan,God Created the Tea Party,...etc
Shocked 
GOP Candidate Warns:Yoga Leads to Satan,God Created the Tea Party,...etc
GOP Candidate Warns That Yoga Leads to Satan, God Created the Tea Party and Won't Bless Our Troops Because of Gay Rights

-If you thought Republicans couldn't get any wackier, let me introduce you to E.W. Jackson, the Virginia GOP candidate for lieutenant governor. Among other things, he thinks yoga can open individuals to Satan, says God created the tea party and that he'll stop blessing the military because of gay rights.

Source: http://thecontributor.com/elections/va-g...eads-satan
RE: GOP Candidate Warns:Yoga Leads to Satan,God Created the Tea Party,...etc
Quote:-If you thought Republicans couldn't get any wackier

I never say that. I'd be proven wrong every day.

YOu have to go into the story to watch the video but when you do so take a good look at the heads of the audience. Lots of gray hair or bald heads.

No wonder these fuckheads are dying out. They're all 100 years old. Keep playing to the "base" assholes. Makes it easier for us.
Ah, so the fulfillment of my prophecy reveals itself - the GOP is indeed doubling down on batshit insane, and ahead of schedule!
(October 30, 2013 at 1:15 pm)Pretzel Logic Wrote: Among other things, he thinks ... [God will] stop blessing the military because of gay rights.

This is exactly the same thing that Fred Phelps believes.

(October 30, 2013 at 2:20 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Ah, so the fulfillment of my prophecy reveals itself - the GOP is indeed doubling down on batshit insane, and ahead of schedule!

Exactly... when Republicans get beat because they're too far on the fringe right, they bring out candidates who are even further to the right. Then they decry people like McCain for not being conservative enough.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Fred is a "True Xtian."
[Image: party_of_jesus_poster-rcd56f07e7b0f41f48...vr_324.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I think half these batshit poloticians are fucking poe's
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 30, 2013 at 3:01 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
(October 30, 2013 at 2:20 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Ah, so the fulfillment of my prophecy reveals itself - the GOP is indeed doubling down on batshit insane, and ahead of schedule!

Exactly... when Republicans get beat because they're too far on the fringe right, they bring out candidates who are even further to the right. Then they decry people like McCain for not being conservative enough.

I know there should be no room for amazement when contemplating the stupidity, venality, and bully-bluster of today's GOP, but their willful self-destruction is . . . astonishing.

Less than fifteen years ago, I remember reading articles that speculated that the GOP might have a lock on the federal government for the next generation (the smug conservative talking heads certainly thought so). And today? They've degenerated into a ghastly freak show with no policy positions that can't be written on a cocktail napkin, a procession of "leaders" each more ridiculous than the one before, and no earthly clue why so many of us hate their guts. It's incredible.

Are there no adults left in that party? Seriously? In my lifetime, they've moved from William Buckley (a serious man with a sparkling wit, whatever one thought of his politics) to the most inane, humorless, anti-intellectual group of huckstering self-promoters in this republic's history. "Shameful" is a word that comes to mind.

So is "extinct."
I agree. It could have a lot to do with how the fundamentalist Christians have taken over the party. Not only does fundamentalist Christianity and all the political policies which sprout from it alienate a lot of people, but fundamentalists tend to be way out of touch with mainstream society. Mainly because they tend to shut themselves off from the rest of society because they deem it "evil." A lot of them don't allow TV in their homes, and they homeschool their kids. So therefore they're way out of touch with how most of America thinks.

Furthermore, conservative Christians tend to surround themselves with like-minded people, whether in church or in politics. When they do watch TV, they watch a lot of Fox News. They refuse to listen to alternative points of view or just dismiss them as "dumb liberals." Therefore they have a lot of people agreeing with them and reinforcing their political and religious beliefs. I remember during the 2012 election conservative Christians online saying that "everybody they knew" was voting for Romney, so it was a sure thing that he was going to win. I think that's why they were so shell-shocked on election night.
@DT: Yes, I believe their insularity has a lot to do with it. And though the party would be loathe to admit that catering to this demographic was a bad idea (after all, they provided millions of useful idiots come election time), I can't help but think that it was a deal with the Devil.

Sure, the American right has always had its share of whack jobs, but did party strategists reckon the cost to the party as it became increasingly dominated by Southern Baptists and Evangelicals (those razor-sharp pragmatists)? It's only a matter of time before the same lazy, sloppy "reasoning" that leads people to Biblical fundamentalism spills over into other areas, e.g., Constitutional fundamentalism, knee-jerk anti-tax posturing, free market fundamentalism, etc. Simple answers for simple people. The intellectual content of the party's platform is nothing but stale, warmed-over Reagan sound bites with a dusting of strip mall church sermonizing.

And they wonder why they get their asses handed to them when they venture beyond the primaries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US National Alert System, aka Satan's Whistle. Gawdzilla Sama 10 712 October 5, 2023 at 1:07 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Who or what created the universe Ahriman 78 4506 September 29, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7392 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Neptune, Saturn, Venus, Uranus, etc. arewethereyet 23 1535 July 16, 2023 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  De-Pluralize A Film, Book, etc BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1096 September 18, 2022 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why satan became rebel? purplepurpose 15 1730 December 20, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  How do you take your tea? BrokenQuill92 29 1231 November 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 933 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7807 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Party like it's 19999? The Valkyrie 47 8830 April 18, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: KittyAnn