Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOP THE BUS I WANT TO WEE WEE (stop time?)
STOP THE BUS I WANT TO WEE WEE (stop time?)
If time was stopped would we know and how would we know?
RE: STOP THE BUS I WANT TO WEE WEE (stop time?)
I always hoped that you would stop posting here. It is something that is always in my mind. The thought that one day I might see you happy. You'd go to the gym, actually get fit, find a girlfriend. I have this fantasy, you see. That one Friday night I would be out on the town and stop by this little bar to grab a pint, and I'd see you there with a 4/10. I'd recognize you by the SS legs and sweatbands. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor I to you, but we'd both know... that you'd moved on. In seeing this I would be able to finally rest easy, and rest proud - Instead you sit in your damned room all day, posting this shit.
(January 8, 2013 at 3:17 pm)Mark 13:13 Wrote: If time was stopped would we know and how would we know?
You wouldn't.

It'd be no different than if you were to suddenly die this very instant.
Another example of inanity wearing a cheap profundity mask.

At least try to be entertaining with this type of shit; like these guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE
Are we talking "stopping time" stopping time, or just "stopping time" from a local perspective?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 8, 2013 at 4:12 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Are we talking "stopping time" stopping time, or just "stopping time" from a local perspective?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG3ieifrqyQ
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
For how long do you want to stop time? Wait...
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I would buy new batteries for my clock.
(January 8, 2013 at 3:25 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: I always hoped that you would stop posting here. It is something that is always in my mind. The thought that one day I might see you happy. You'd go to the gym, actually get fit, find a girlfriend. I have this fantasy, you see. That one Friday night I would be out on the town and stop by this little bar to grab a pint, and I'd see you there with a 4/10. I'd recognize you by the SS legs and sweatbands. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor I to you, but we'd both know... that you'd moved on. In seeing this I would be able to finally rest easy, and rest proud - Instead you sit in your damned room all day, posting this shit.

Your answer makes no sense on any level. it does not address the question. it makes you look a fool if you are trying to say that you would rather not have to deal with me on this forum and yet you do. you make illogical and unreasoned assumptions that because I post in this forum I do not have a life based on no evidence. I would request that if your opinion of me is so low that you do not respond to any of my posts again as there are more than enough to people to discuss whatever I want to raise and if all are of the same opinion my posts will get zero responces and I will leave in time voluntarily. Until then I will assume I am welcome on this forum by some even if I disagree with them and they find me frustrating. You are of course free to answer this but should your answer display a similar pointlessness and malicious venom I won't be responding so go ahead and waste your time.
(January 8, 2013 at 3:17 pm)Mark 13:13 Wrote: If time was stopped would we know and how would we know?

"Wow", well. Our minds would stop altogether too then, so how could we know or even consciously *do* anything at all?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too? Rhondazvous 14 1717 August 2, 2017 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Alleged Weasel heroically sacrifices himself to stop LHC Alex K 18 1625 May 6, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Science - as woo as you want little_monkey 1 783 June 2, 2013 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Sir Isaac Newton Time life magizines "Greatest scientific thinker of our time" franca 6 5850 October 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Remembering Roger Boisjoly: He Tried To Stop Shuttle Challenger Launch orogenicman 2 1727 February 7, 2012 at 2:33 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  "How I Learned To Stop Worrying About the Origin of the Cosmos" orogenicman 0 1295 April 16, 2011 at 6:59 am
Last Post: orogenicman