Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do atheists even bother about debating Jesus?
Why do atheists even bother about debating Jesus?
I think this is worth putting in as a new thread, sometimes trolls spam threads with abuse instead of commenting on content.

There is absolutely no evidence that Jesus is nothing but a story corrupted from previous stories. 'Christ' actually comes from two supposed Roman documents which were actually written (copied?) by Christian monks in the Medieval period. One of those shows a clear forging of the the name Chrestianos to Christianos. There are no original documents around the time in existence that mention Jesus or Christ.

So.... if you are going to believe anything those biased monks wrote, then you also have to believe that Chrestus led a rebellion against Claudius. Jewish temples were not just places of worship then, they were banks and held gold and money for lending. That is why, around that time, Roman emperors and governors, like Agrippa II (Herod 2) had trouble with the priests, who were in effect the bankers of their time.

It is written that Chrestus led an uprising, it was probably about money, interest rates or something else that Claudius wanted to impose on the bank.

Then, 20 years later, Nero blamed the Chrestians for burning part of Rome. We have all been told how bad Nero was, but in fact he wanted a better deal for the poor and this probably enraged the Jewish bankers (he called them Chrestians, as named from the Chrestus uprising 20 years before) who set fire to some of the city.

Chrestus and his followers were persecuted and put to death in the arena, they were probably Jewish bankers and certainly had nothing to do with mythical 'Christians' which is just a corruption of Chrestionos, followers of Chrestus.

If you think I am being anti-Semite, the fact that Jewish temples were used as banks is written online in Jewish wikkis on Jewish sites.

What do you think?
RE: Why do atheists even bother about debating Jesus?
(January 14, 2013 at 8:23 am)Sciworks Wrote:

I think you need to spend time viewing the entire site for similar threads as this has been dealt with numerous times over the past three+ years

Try the Christianity section sweetie

Oh and Welcome and enjoy your stay
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 14, 2013 at 8:23 am)Sciworks Wrote: I think this is worth putting in as a new thread, sometimes trolls spam threads with abuse instead of commenting on content.

There is absolutely no evidence that Jesus is nothing but a story corrupted from previous stories. 'Christ' actually comes from two supposed Roman documents which were actually written (copied?) by Christian monks in the Medieval period. One of those shows a clear forging of the the name Chrestianos to Christianos. There are no original documents around the time in existence that mention Jesus or Christ.

So.... if you are going to believe anything those biased monks wrote, then you also have to believe that Chrestus led a rebellion against Claudius. Jewish temples were not just places of worship then, they were banks and held gold and money for lending. That is why, around that time, Roman emperors and governors, like Agrippa II (Herod 2) had trouble with the priests, who were in effect the bankers of their time.

It is written that Chrestus led an uprising, it was probably about money, interest rates or something else that Claudius wanted to impose on the bank.

Then, 20 years later, Nero blamed the Chrestians for burning part of Rome. We have all been told how bad Nero was, but in fact he wanted a better deal for the poor and this probably enraged the Jewish bankers (he called them Chrestians, as named from the Chrestus uprising 20 years before) who set fire to some of the city.

Chrestus and his followers were persecuted and put to death in the arena, they were probably Jewish bankers and certainly had nothing to do with mythical 'Christians' which is just a corruption of Chrestionos, followers of Chrestus.

If you think I am being anti-Semite, the fact that Jewish temples were used as banks is written online in Jewish wikkis on Jewish sites.

What do you think?

Fascinating. I have never heard such a thing. Do you have good links and references that you can point me to?
Quote:What do you think?

I don't mind fucking with the jesus freaks. None of their arguments surprise me anymore.

This would be a dull place without a few fanatics.
(January 15, 2013 at 12:25 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:What do you think?

I don't mind fucking with the jesus freaks. None of their arguments surprise me anymore.

This would be a dull place without a few fanatics.

It would, wouldn't it.
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
An oyster can't make a pearl without an irritant.
Right you are!
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
Shrewd tactic. Start a thread asking why atheists bother debating Jesus only to foment the argument with baseless assertion. Fucking hell!
Its always healthy to talk about our Lord, be it for or against Him. I don't see any reason why Atheists shouldn't talk about Jesus Christ?
~
Dear Christian,

Are you ever going to address statements made by nonbelievers that refute your beliefs, or are you just going to keep ignoring their assertions completely? I'd like to know, seriously. Save me some time and finger power.

~Missy~
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1918 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2782 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19266 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4661 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2212 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1789 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5884 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Even Duterte Get It Minimalist 5 1423 September 29, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Is WLC done debating? Jehanne 8 1631 September 4, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3952 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician