Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Is Neg-Rep Not Allowed?
Why Is Neg-Rep Not Allowed?
Just curious.
RE: Why Is Neg-Rep Not Allowed?
We don't support haters.

No, in all honesty, it's because if you haven't got something nice to say about someone, why inflame the situation by being able to write negative comments about anyone? The rep is there to be given for awesomeness, not the lack thereof.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(January 15, 2013 at 2:24 am)Piss3d0ffAth3ist Wrote: Just curious.

Try here Link
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
It's because Tiberius got his feelings hurt once.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
The TTA Forums are filled with rep-wars. LOL
Exactly, and we don't need/want such drama here Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

*Moved to Questions/Problems/Suggestions/Feedback forum.*

Kayenneh's answer is perfect. We used to allow it, but people started abusing it and creating large rep wars. We disabled it, and people just shifted to using "neutral" reps for their abuse, so now those are disabled as well. At least now if you want to insult someone via the rep system, you are forced into giving them positive rep whilst you do it. Tongue
I for one like the fact that there's no neg rep system on here.
[Image: AsQX1.jpg]
I never much cared whether or not AF had Negative Reps ....

...as I know it would be impossible for me to get one.

Angel
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't rep on mobile Aegon 15 2287 February 20, 2018 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Min's Rep Indication Suggestion Edwardo Piet 42 4090 October 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  rep summary Alex K 23 4560 June 30, 2016 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Unable to rep Thumpalumpacus 28 3433 May 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1306 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Rep system not working Napoléon 24 4043 May 1, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  The etiquette of rep Whateverist 169 26746 December 9, 2013 at 2:56 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Why cant I give rep to a person twice? Something completely different 30 7766 March 2, 2013 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  Proposed change to rep point system, no removals, edits only Angrboda 15 7700 October 31, 2012 at 7:01 am
Last Post: jonb
  Is racism allowed on this board? DefendingIran 19 9824 May 24, 2011 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas