Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why cant I give rep to a person twice?
Why cant I give rep to a person twice?
I just found myself trying to give rep to pocaracas only to notice that I already had.

This happened to me countless times with alot of users, such as apophenia, KichigaiNeko, Darkstar, Creed of Heresy, Ryantology, Rythm, festive1, Annik and others

So why cant I give rep to a person twice? Some people are to awsome to be receive rep only once.
RE: Why cant I give rep to a person twice?
*too

Because that opens it up for abuse. It is not cool for one clique of forum members to keep repping each other and have over-inflated rep points compared to the rest of the forum. Most members don't really hang out with the same group of members in chat or elsewhere, so they have no hope of collecting the same kind of "aren't we just the best of friends" points that some of us would be handing out. You can change the note, though and that will bounce the rep to the top so they can see your new comments.
(February 28, 2013 at 7:57 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I just found myself trying to give rep to pocaracas only to notice that I already had.

This happened to me countless times with alot of users, such as apophenia, KichigaiNeko, Darkstar, Creed of Heresy, Ryantology, Rythm, festive1, Annik and others

So why cant I give rep to a person twice? Some people are to awsome to be receive rep only once.

German, I appreciate you wanting to rep me again, but really, one is enough.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
You can receive more than one rep from a person if you go in the control panel and select "enable whore points."
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Well, there is only one member in this forum to whom you can give multiple reps ... and that is me.

Cool
(February 28, 2013 at 9:10 pm)Shell B Wrote: *too

Because that opens it up for abuse. It is not cool for one clique of forum members to keep repping each other and have over-inflated rep points compared to the rest of the forum. Most members don't really hang out with the same group of members in chat or elsewhere, so they have no hope of collecting the same kind of "aren't we just the best of friends" points that some of us would be handing out. You can change the note, though and that will bounce the rep to the top so they can see your new comments.

There is a "clique" on this forum?! Americans use francophones?

(February 28, 2013 at 9:17 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: German, I appreciate you wanting to rep me again, but really, one is enough.

Who are you?

Tongue

(February 28, 2013 at 9:18 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: You can receive more than one rep from a person if you go in the control panel and select "enable whore points."

some people in my opinion simply deserve it more than once, not due to "whoring"
I note that some have not repped me once.

Angel
Yes I've spotted something similar myself. Even that free gift promotion I was running didn't help. (Maybe if I'd mentioned it..?)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
[Image: dlA9wHm.jpg]
(February 28, 2013 at 9:46 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Yes I've spotted something similar myself. Even that free gift promotion I was running didn't help. (Maybe if I'd mentioned it..?)

I'm offering free beer to anyone who reps me, redeemable only at the Green Dragon in Portland, Oregon for as long as I have this bar stool growing out of my ass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't rep on mobile Aegon 15 2287 February 20, 2018 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2580 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  Min's Rep Indication Suggestion Edwardo Piet 42 4090 October 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  rep summary Alex K 23 4560 June 30, 2016 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Unable to rep Thumpalumpacus 28 3433 May 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1306 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  How Do I Give Reps Rhondazvous 60 10810 July 27, 2015 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Rep system not working Napoléon 24 4043 May 1, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Can we only give one +1 rating to each member? KevinM1 20 3136 February 13, 2015 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The etiquette of rep Whateverist 169 26746 December 9, 2013 at 2:56 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox