Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to rep
Unable to rep
I'm trying to rep a member, but system does nothing when I press "Rate This User" button. I tried opening that link in a new tab, and it comes up blank.

I don't rep members very often, but when I want to, I want to!

RE: Unable to rep
(May 21, 2016 at 10:27 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm trying to rep a member, but system does nothing when I press "Rate This User" button. I tried opening that link in a new tab, and it comes up blank.

Aw, no need to rep me. A small cash donation will be sufficient.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 21, 2016 at 10:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 21, 2016 at 10:27 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm trying to rep a member, but system does nothing when I press "Rate This User" button. I tried opening that link in a new tab, and it comes up blank.

Aw, no need to rep me.  A small cash donation will be sufficient.

Boru

I give you my .02¢ far too often as it is!

I'd usually suspect JavaScript was disabled but if that were the case you'd probably had noticed long ago.

Do you have any plugins installed? Does it behave differently if you disable them? How about if you restart your browser?

Speaking of, which browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?
Try a different browser!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Sorry I forgot to mention that stuff. Using Chrome. AdBlock+ and AdMuncher installed. JavaScript is enabled in Chrome. Disabled AdBlock, still no ability to rep.

Let me remove Ad Muncher and restart.

Try clearing and logging in fresh in incognito mode.

Hit F12, and check if the console or network are showing any errors.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(May 21, 2016 at 10:50 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Try clearing and logging in fresh in incognito mode.

Logging in here incognito? How do I do that?

(May 21, 2016 at 10:54 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(May 21, 2016 at 10:50 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Try clearing and logging in fresh in incognito mode.

Logging in here incognito?  How do I do that?

on the top tab bar, at the right corner there should be a tiny person icon. click it and choose "go incognito"
- Lau Tzu

Problem resolved, thanks for the help, y'all. Smile Not sure what it was that worked, so next time I'll have to take notes.

Never did get to trying the logging in incognito thing, don't see the little person icon. Anyway, everyone's help is appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't rep on mobile Aegon 15 2234 February 20, 2018 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Min's Rep Indication Suggestion Edwardo Piet 42 3992 October 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  rep summary Alex K 23 4473 June 30, 2016 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Unable to log in to my account Mermaid 42 6030 March 30, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1288 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Rep system not working Napoléon 24 3949 May 1, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  The etiquette of rep Whateverist 169 26528 December 9, 2013 at 2:56 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Why cant I give rep to a person twice? Something completely different 30 7691 March 2, 2013 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  Why Is Neg-Rep Not Allowed? RonaldReagansGhost666 84 14138 January 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Proposed change to rep point system, no removals, edits only Angrboda 15 7675 October 31, 2012 at 7:01 am
Last Post: jonb