Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 5:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israeli elections
Israeli elections
So, after the conservative Likud won the Israeli elections does this mean that the mid east peace process with Fatah is going to be grinded further into a standstill?

I am not a friend of Likud, but still am a bit scared to write here since:

[Image: 64287_usrkHvScHdjNkPe.jpg]
RE: Israeli elections
Why should this concern you??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Why should anything concern me?

Why shouldnt I just sell all my things, give the money to a homeless guy and spend the rest of my life drunk on the money I got through giving blowjobs in narrow dirty alleyways?
(January 23, 2013 at 8:38 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Why should anything concern me?

Why shouldnt I just sell all my things, give the money to a homeless guy and spend the rest of my life drunk on the money I got through giving blowjobs in narrow dirty alleyways?

Stop being a petulant little pre-pubescent male TGAC.

Why should anything in Israel concern Germany??

This IS, the Germany that is the economic powerhouse of the global economy?

Israel will sooner or later have to come to terms with the fact that it has to share EQUITABLY with the Palestinians the land mass known as the Levant (unproductive shit hole that it is) and realise that it's time as the "holy land" is ended.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
German foreign policies and releations are generaly dominated by feeling sorry.
Except for those who were on our side 60 years ago, who we treat like an unwanted child.

I chose to be a bit cynical about our past when confronted by foreigners.
After all I didnt participate, let alone was alive in anything during 1933-1945.
Although I somehow cant help myself.
When first in chat with summer, I couldnt help but tell her that she was the first jew I ever was in contact with who wasnt a holocaust survivor and asked her if she is angry with "us".

Currently antisemitism is on the rise, the mid east peace process has grinded to a halt, radical right wingers are gaining power in the middle east and the question of what can be criticized about Isreal has flared up debates (at least here).
That is mainly why I opened the thread.
If someone has an opinion to the election results, I would have liked to hear them.
Get over it TAGC. STOP feeling guilty.

Have you seen SATW?? The cartoons are rather funny and you have to laugh at yourself.. they have a ring of truth

http://satwcomic.com/have-a-sit-down

http://satwcomic.com/german-sparkle-party

Don't take it seriously but flick through the WHOLE site and really look at the comics. They are funny and reveal alot about your "neck of the woods" globally

And yeah Aussies are THAT slack! Big Grin Tongue
(January 23, 2013 at 8:33 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: So, after the conservative Likud won the Israeli elections does this mean that the mid east peace process with Fatah is going to be grinded further into a standstill?

Why not talk to Hamas?

Anyway, as I read today in the media, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21155063 , Netanyahu might be forced to form a government with a new and more progressive party. Hopefully this will lead to serious peace negotiations. Allthough I lost hope long ago.

Quote:Analysts say the 18 or 19 seats predicted for Yesh Atid, headed by journalist-turned-politician Yair Lapid, is a stunning result for a newcomer.

Mr Lapid has said he will not join Mr Netanyahu's team unless the prime minister promises to push for peace with Palestinians.
(January 23, 2013 at 8:38 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Why shouldnt I just sell all my things, give the money to a homeless guy and spend the rest of my life drunk on the money I got through giving blowjobs in narrow dirty alleyways?

Well, I think you should. I did that long ago... I'm actually accessing the internet with my mind. I don't own a computer.
Cunt
Yeah...Bibi the Shit got his ass kicked in this election. He expected a big win and is now scrambling.

Must have read the Romney playbook.
Expect Nut and Yahoo to redouble his efforts to engineer a series of crisis so as to keep Israeli populace and Likud stooges in the US alarmed, and clamoring to further unilaterl aggrandization of Israel in the name of "right to exist".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 254 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president GODZILLA 79 8809 July 2, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  The 2018 mid-term US elections. Jehanne 18 4521 October 7, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are elections always as nasty as this last one we had NuclearEnergy 14 3682 January 21, 2017 at 8:53 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Hilary wanted to rig the Palestian elections ReptilianPeon 55 8259 December 22, 2016 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Why is ISIS Worse than the 1948 Israeli State? Rhondazvous 36 5306 August 15, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  2016 Elections Foxaèr 162 16407 May 2, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Publicly financed elections. Heywood 54 10531 November 23, 2014 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  In Case Anyone Forgets What Our Elections Are Really About. Minimalist 10 2274 November 5, 2014 at 8:41 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Elections coming up Manowar 0 836 October 30, 2014 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Manowar