Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm resigning from discussion in religion.
I'm resigning from discussion in religion.
Hi everybody : )

Well, after giving it a deep thought, I discovered that we're going into endless riddles.

The thing is (and that's why I posted the thread), some people happen to believe without an obvious solid reason, like in my case.

A feeling I couldn't explain, but I failed to transfer it to others. Maybe faith is a personal problem, a person must solve with him/her self without any intervention.

But hey, I really enjoyed the discussions, it was a nice experience, happy to see humanity still want to discuss things with all good will.

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and thoughts with me : )
RE: I'm resigning from discussion in religion.
I tried that, too. You'll be discussing religion again before you know it.
no problem

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Cheers!
I'm going to miss your contributions to religious discussions. Sad
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
I agree with the Ape. You're quite reasonable compared to most theists, in my experience. I've been lurking in your threads, and while I still think you're... well... crazy, at least you're willing to try to look at things from other points of view.
Quote: You're quite reasonable compared to most theists, in my experience.

Probably why he got into trouble. Reason /= religion
(January 24, 2013 at 6:58 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Well, after giving it a deep thought, I discovered that we're going into endless riddles.

95% of all philosophical debates are wholly semantic. Not much fun unless you're really into language and definitions and attempting to convince others of our subjective idealism.

Quote:The thing is (and that's why I posted the thread), some people happen to believe without an obvious solid reason, like in my case.

A feeling I couldn't explain, but I failed to transfer it to others. Maybe faith is a personal problem, a person must solve with him/her self without any intervention.

I wish I could tone my unexplained feelings down a bit, paranoia's a bitch. Faith isn't necessarily a problem, but as everything is subjective: it's always up to the person to decide what is true.

Quote:But hey, I really enjoyed the discussions, it was a nice experience, happy to see humanity still want to discuss things with all good will.

I'm glad you enjoyed 'discussing' nonsense, but please keep in mind that sometimes someone posts things that they don't think entirely to prove a point Wink

(January 24, 2013 at 7:22 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I agree with the Ape. You're quite reasonable compared to most theists, in my experience. I've been lurking in your threads, and while I still think you're... well... crazy, at least you're willing to try to look at things from other points of view.

This guy? Crazy?

[Image: GO38]

(January 24, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: I'm going to miss your contributions to religious discussions. Sad

You won't for long, I expect. I don't hang around religion much, but there certainly is never an end to the flow. People in, people out... you can't explain that!
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Re: RE: I'm resigning from discussion in religion.
(January 25, 2013 at 1:02 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I don't hang around religion much, but there certainly is never an end to the flow. People in, people out... you can't explain that!
It would be fun to set up a few bots with the usual responses to typical questions. Or at the very least a few buttons to press with the favourites. Some people might actually get out and see some sunshine sometime!
(January 24, 2013 at 6:58 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Hi everybody : )

Well, after giving it a deep thought, I discovered that we're going into endless riddles.

The thing is (and that's why I posted the thread), some people happen to believe without an obvious solid reason, like in my case.

But hey, I really enjoyed the discussions, it was a nice experience, happy to see humanity still want to discuss things with all good will.

The only one going in circles is you. Always remember you have an invisible friend, but get in line, so do others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1344 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any Sunni/Shiite WinterHold 69 6335 August 8, 2022 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any atheist WinterHold 94 4608 October 4, 2018 at 7:58 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Discussion with a new age muslim Lebneni Murtad 13 2483 April 21, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5476 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut