Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is: not providing the inferstructure required for a mother to go back to work. sexism?
Is: not providing the inferstructure required for a mother to go back to work. sexism?
So I am at nightschool, and when I first entered it I was suprised to notice that most students weren`t people like me, who got kicked out of highschool and then worked for a few years. But mostly young women who became pregnant during highschool.
So my classes are basicaly filled with young mums. And therefor alot of activity I have recently engaged in was together with those young mums.
I oftern thereby hear what they have to say about various different subjects, what they mostly converse about is being a mum.
And one thing which was talked about last friday, was a comparison between the French and German social networks.
Now in Germany and in Austria, it is extremly difficult to get a place for your child at a nursery, so that the parents can go back to work at forenoon.
Some parents here have to search for such a place even before their child is actualy born. And if no place for the child can be found, alot of mothers have to stay at home and take care of the child and cannot reenter working life or continue education.

Now, in France having a place at a nursery is a constitutional right. Meaning that every parent can demand and will get a place at a nursery for their child, which means that in France alot more women reenter working life and continue education after giving birth.

Now my fellow students argued that this made the German sociaty sexist.

I disagreed. Because:
Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland have the same systems as France, jet the rate of man-woman equality in these scandinavian countries is higher than in France. Why?
Because in the scandinavian countries there is a high number of men who go into maternity leave and the ooutdated sociatial model of "the man being the families provider" is dieng out there.
Their entire argument falls together in my opinion because it ignores men. There are also single fathers out there and men can also face the same social challeneges as a father as women do.

To me the sexism in this question is not conected to the providing of institution which make being a parent easier.
It is the outdated sociatial model I mentioned before, which is sexist. And in France one can see that although a place at a nursery is a constitutional right, women still enjoy less equality than in other European nations which have or do not have that constitutional right provided for them.
RE: Is: not providing the inferstructure required for a mother to go back to work. sexism?
And in Germany, do a high number of men go into maternity leave to care for the child while the woman works?

Yeah, being a single father sucks even more, but it also is considerably rarer. My opinion is that Germany sucks for single-parents, I don't give a shit if it's slightly sexist Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Is: not providing the inferstructure required for a mother to go back to work. sexism?
I honestly dont know the number and I would have to look it up.

I do know however that the number of single mums is increasing, because alot of german men are brainless fuckwits who leave a girl as soon as she is pregnant.

When I have built my Reich, these people will be punished. Tongue
(January 29, 2013 at 5:37 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: I do know however that the number of single mums is increasing, because alot of german men are brainless fuckwits who leave a girl as soon as she is pregnant.

I don't know... I certainly wouldn't want to have a man who would have left me the moment I got pregnant with his baby. Can they be quietly executed? I might move to Germany if it happens Wink
(January 29, 2013 at 5:37 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: I do know however that the number of single mums is increasing, because alot of german men are brainless fuckwits who leave a girl as soon as she is pregnant.

Same thing over here. I have 3 sisters, 2 nieces they have 2 completely useless fathers. 1 disappeared almost immediate and hasn't been seen since. The other is still around a few months on and disappears whenever he feels like it.
(January 29, 2013 at 5:43 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Same thing over here. I have 3 sisters, 2 nieces they have 2 completely useless fathers. 1 disappeared almost immediate and hasn't been seen since. The other is still around a few months on and disappears whenever he feels like it.

For the right price... I'll end them Devil

If I had money, this one'd be personal.
Naa, only a joke.

It is weird that this is so common in Germany though, because it is generaly regarded as one of the most antisocial things a man can do.
I had a friend in Hamburg who litteraly left his girlfriend whilest she was pregnant in the 7th month "because he didnt get enought sex".
Nobody ever wanted to have anything to do with him after that.

And if you leave a woman (or man) alone with a child here, you will spend your life paying half or a quater of your income to the mother until you child is 20.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day. arewethereyet 7 530 May 9, 2022 at 4:45 am
Last Post: anlogue
  Pope Francis to channel the dead mother of Jesus. Jehanne 3 270 March 22, 2022 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Nobody wants to work anymore Foxaèr 92 6358 October 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can't get the link to work here but. Brian37 21 1388 July 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Happy Mother's Day arewethereyet 10 1087 May 13, 2019 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Any photographers in Louisiana looking for work? popeyespappy 0 537 September 21, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Happy Mother's Day! chimp3 3 542 May 13, 2018 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Happy Mother's Day Joods 2 304 May 13, 2018 at 10:22 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Your opinions are required regarding this project . Enlightened Ape 7 1277 April 28, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Losty
  It's Not Nice To Fool With Mother Nature Minimalist 5 901 September 17, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32