Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:08 am

Poll: do you want to see unsolicited scripture in my posts from here on out?
This poll is closed.
yes
31.58%
6 31.58%
no
68.42%
13 68.42%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scripture?
Scripture?
Do you want to see a list of scripture when I make a proclaimation or statement about a given subject or when I start a new thread?

I started this web site doing this and was told not to unless someone asked for it, So I agreeded to stop. Now it has been brought to my attention that this is no longer an issue. That said I guess it becomes a matter of perference. That is why I ask do you all want me to post scriptural references as I see fit?
RE: Scripture?
My answer is that it depends on its relevance.

Too much scripture can be off putting and I have a low tolerance for that sort of bullshit.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

[Image: dramatic-death.gif]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 1, 2013 at 1:05 pm)Drich Wrote: Do you want to see a list of scripture when I make a proclaimation or statement about a given subject or when I start a new thread?

I started this web site doing this and was told not to unless someone asked for it, So I agreeded to stop. Now it has been brought to my attention that this is no longer an issue. That said I guess it becomes a matter of perference. That is why I ask do you all want me to post scriptural references as I see fit?

We, and I speak on behalf of everybody but you, don't want that.
We, and I speak for everybody but you, would like you to bugger off and take your fucking bible with you.
Right now it's 50/50. If this poll ends up in a tie I guess I could just keep things the way they are and only provide it when asked, or if I think it will make or break what is being discussed.
Why not only provide it when it is relevant, i.e. the conversation is about scripture. It's fucking silly to just put it everywhere willy nilly. You have to remember that people have access to the Bible. If you want to have a conversation, use your own thoughts. The Bible is accessible to all. If we wanted to read books, we wouldn't go to a forum to converse with other people.
(February 1, 2013 at 3:28 pm)Shell B Wrote: Why not only provide it when it is relevant, i.e. the conversation is about scripture. It's fucking silly to just put it everywhere willy nilly. You have to remember that people have access to the Bible. If you want to have a conversation, use your own thoughts. The Bible is accessible to all. If we wanted to read books, we wouldn't go to a forum to converse with other people.

Precisely. When I make a claim about a biblical passage that isn't extremely well know, I tend to provide the passage (at least in my more serious debates anyway, or really when it is necessary). If the passage is relevent, nay, necessary for the understanding of the topic/point being made, then sure. If you are going to just randomly post it everywhere (which it does not seem like you intend to from the OP, but I'm not totally sure) then no.
(February 1, 2013 at 3:28 pm)Shell B Wrote: It's fucking silly to just put it everywhere willy nilly.

But the scripture is all about smear silliness everywhere willy nilly.
Quote:Why not only provide it when it is relevant,

Ancient blubbering is never relevant in the 21st century.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10664 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
  Biblical justification for scripture cherry picking ?? vorlon13 8 2992 November 17, 2015 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  A Real Christian's(TM) guide to interpreting scripture! Longhorn 18 5105 August 9, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Exian
  "Scripture can protect you from the flu," says nitwit KevinM1 31 6679 January 26, 2015 at 4:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  WHY WOULD PAUL CHANGE SCRIPTURE? truthBtold 20 6006 January 15, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Scripture for Trinitarians DeistPaladin 82 15559 October 28, 2011 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Cyberman