Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY WOULD PAUL CHANGE SCRIPTURE?
WHY WOULD PAUL CHANGE SCRIPTURE?
In (Heb 10:5-6) Why does paul add "but a body thou hast prepared for me" why doe he add words to the text in (psa 40:6). Dont add words to make it fit jesus. Agnia in hebrew means ears, not body. Even the Wistminster Leningrad Codex, which has the Hebrew words, does not feature the words for "body" or "prepared" in this verse. The reason you haven't found "a body you have prepared for me" in the Torah is because that was another edit by Paul. Psalms 40:6 reads "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but my ears you have opened for me" ( this is from the NIV!). King David is saying he would bring offerings, but they are not as important to G-D as opening one's ears and listening to His commandments!
Quite simply: "oznayim" in Hebrew is the plural form of the word "ear." "Karisa" is the root word "kaf-raysh," which means "excavate; dig" (as also found in Genesis 50:5: "Bury me in the tomb I dug [karisi] for myself in the land of Canaan") with the suffix denoting 2nd person, past tense. Why the change?
RE: WHY WOULD PAUL CHANGE SCRIPTURE?
When you post things here of which you are not the author, it is customary to include a citation along with your post. In this case, such a citation should consist of - at a minimum - that name of the source you're copying from, and the author of it.

In future, please add 'from "Biblical Nonsense: A Review Of The Bible For Doubting Christians" by Dr. Jason Long'.

Alternatively, you could simply post http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/

That way, people won't accuse you of plagiarism.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I read all-caps in the voice of police officer Barbrady.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(January 14, 2014 at 7:09 pm)truthBtold Wrote: In (Heb 10:5-6) Why does paul add "but a body thou hast prepared for me" why doe he add words to the text in (psa 40:6). Dont add words to make it fit jesus. Agnia in hebrew means ears, not body. Even the Wistminster Leningrad Codex, which has the Hebrew words, does not feature the words for "body" or "prepared" in this verse. The reason you haven't found "a body you have prepared for me" in the Torah is because that was another edit by Paul. Psalms 40:6 reads "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but my ears you have opened for me" ( this is from the NIV!). King David is saying he would bring offerings, but they are not as important to G-D as opening one's ears and listening to His commandments!
Quite simply: "oznayim" in Hebrew is the plural form of the word "ear." "Karisa" is the root word "kaf-raysh," which means "excavate; dig" (as also found in Genesis 50:5: "Bury me in the tomb I dug [karisi] for myself in the land of Canaan") with the suffix denoting 2nd person, past tense. Why the change?

So if I look all this crap up and answer this like I did with your last post, will you in turn respond with " I knew someone would say this," and then proceed to spell out 'nut-huh' with your caps lock on, as you did with your last thread? Or will you be able to address the content of my rebuttal this time with the same attention to detail as you posted in the op?

Typically when something is plagiarized your only choice is the nut-huh response.
(January 14, 2014 at 7:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: When you post things here of which you are not the author, it is customary to include a citation along with your post. In this case, such a citation should consist of - at a minimum - that name of the source you're copying from, and the author of it.

In future, please add 'from "Biblical Nonsense: A Review Of The Bible For Doubting Christians" by Dr. Jason Long'.

Alternatively, you could simply post http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/

That way, people won't accuse you of plagiarism.

Boru

thanks.

(January 14, 2014 at 7:33 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 14, 2014 at 7:09 pm)truthBtold Wrote: In (Heb 10:5-6) Why does paul add "but a body thou hast prepared for me" why doe he add words to the text in (psa 40:6). Dont add words to make it fit jesus. Agnia in hebrew means ears, not body. Even the Wistminster Leningrad Codex, which has the Hebrew words, does not feature the words for "body" or "prepared" in this verse. The reason you haven't found "a body you have prepared for me" in the Torah is because that was another edit by Paul. Psalms 40:6 reads "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but my ears you have opened for me" ( this is from the NIV!). King David is saying he would bring offerings, but they are not as important to G-D as opening one's ears and listening to His commandments!

So if I look all this crap up and answer this like I did with your last post, will you in turn respond with " I knew someone would say this," and then proceed to spell out 'nut-huh' with your caps lock on, as you did with your last thread? Or will you be able to address the content of my rebuttal this time with the same attention to detail as you posted in the op?

Typically when something is plagiarized your only choice is the nut-huh response.

I will address it.
Ok then let's start with a question. What makes you think Paul is quoting this psalm of David? Next question, do you know the difference between a psalm and scripture?
They both smell like bullshit.
(January 14, 2014 at 10:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They both smell like bullshit.

You know my grandpa had that problem too. Then we got him a sign that hung in front of the toilet at eye level reminding him to wipe... Short there after every thing stopped smell bullshit to him.

Angel
Let's back up a moment. Isn't Hebrews one of the epistles that many scholars consider to be of uncertain origin? Isn't Paul's authorship of that document in some doubt?
(January 15, 2014 at 10:40 am)Crossless1 Wrote: Let's back up a moment. Isn't Hebrews one of the epistles that many scholars consider to be of uncertain origin? Isn't Paul's authorship of that document in some doubt?

yes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6506 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 9149 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 17368 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dating Paul's Writings JairCrawford 33 3004 July 30, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Paul's "persecution" of the early Christians? Jehanne 134 14903 February 22, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10640 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8380 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Paul's 500 witnesses. Jehanne 131 38525 May 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What do i do im surrounded by christians and they want to change me? Asyrel 35 5064 November 10, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Saint Paul and temporal lobe epilepsy. Jehanne 1 1281 July 17, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: RobertE