Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:43 pm

Poll: Which fictional character is more worthy of admiration?
This poll is closed.
Jesus
0%
0 0%
Santa
100.00%
14 100.00%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa or Jesus
Tongue 
Santa or Jesus
No this is not the thread about the South Park episode. However, it might as well be ...
This is about feeding yourself a good one-liner for everyone to enjoy.

Obviously, two fictional characters. Lets pretend for one moment that they are real and both live up to their legends of awesomeness (KungFu Panda reference).
It's sort of a Pros and Cons One-Liner thread with no real rules. Just find a way to deliver a humorous, goofy or even thought-provoking One-Liner.

For instance:

I think I prefer Santa over Jesus. Jesus may offer you eternal life, but at least Santa doesn't threaten you with it.

or flip flop...

I prefer the powers of Jesus. Santa never turned anything into wine, and milk and cookies just made him a fat ass!

Come on, this site is full of smart asses. I can crank out dozens more of these. Lets see what you got. Min, I expect quality insults from you!
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Santa or Jesus
Why limit yourself to one or the other, when you could have:

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I prefer the powers of Santa. When we were kids we didn't have to die in order to be rewarded for being good
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
Santa only had one old lady and a bunch of elves to spend his entire year with. Than again, Jesus hung out mostly with twelve dudes. Undecided

That's a toughy ... still deciding which deity to serve ....
[Image: Evolution.png]

Santa. Jesus never brought me underwear for Christmas.

I love you, Santa, you jolly fat bastard.
Santa rewards you for being good. Jesus rewards you for being sycophantic. Santa gives you coal if you're bad. Jesus directed parents to murder their kids if they were bad.

There's no contest.
Not to mention his name is an anagram of Satan, just to piss off the fundies.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Santa is good for the sake of being good never asking for thanks, admiration or anything in return. I prefer Santa.
Working on Christmas Day as well - a Bank Holiday, no buses or anything - without a word of complaint. What a guy.
Sorry, I couldn't find subtitles for this... (learn portuguese!)
J:C. and S.C. go on trial to decide who gets credit for Christmas.

Conclusion:
Santa doesn't exist.... and gets in trouble with a contract with a known Cola brand...
On the other hand, J.C. is (was) 1997 years old, so he's old enough to get his ass off the straw bed and get a sleigh driver's license in order to be useful to society.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the US government hiding Santa? Fake Messiah 11 1661 August 30, 2023 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Case Against Santa Denialism Aegon 6 510 December 19, 2020 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Questions for Santa. brewer 16 2142 December 25, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball