Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter question?
Twitter question?
I am new to twitter but wondering if you want to tweet everyone that you follow at the same time, is there a way to do that?
RE: Twitter question?
Do you mean tweet a message to all the people you follow or tweet their user names in a tweet for something like Follow Friday?

The only people who can see your tweets are the people who follow you. If the people who you follow don't follow you they can't see your tweets unless you send them a "reply" or as they call it now a "mention."

There's no way to send a mention to all of the people you follow because to send a mention you have to include their user name in the message which deducts from the 140 characters you have.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(February 6, 2013 at 1:23 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Do you mean tweet a message to all the people you follow or tweet their user names in a tweet for something like Follow Friday?

The only people who can see your tweets are the people who follow you. If the people who you follow don't follow you they can't see your tweets unless you send them a "reply" or as they call it now a "mention."

There's no way to send a mention to all of the people you follow because to send a mention you have to include their user name in the message which deducts from the 140 characters you have.

You answered my question, thanks.
(February 6, 2013 at 2:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 1:23 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Do you mean tweet a message to all the people you follow or tweet their user names in a tweet for something like Follow Friday?

You answered my question, thanks.
Tweeting something about ABBA? Devil
(February 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm)John V Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 2:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You answered my question, thanks.
Tweeting something about ABBA? Devil

Not me, never. Who is ABBA, never heard of them?

Actually I really don't find twitter that good. I hate the character limits and navigation is a pain.
(February 6, 2013 at 1:23 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: The only people who can see your tweets are the people who follow you.

Nope, that's not true...
(February 7, 2013 at 11:35 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 1:23 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: The only people who can see your tweets are the people who follow you.

Nope, that's not true...
Well? What is true??
(February 7, 2013 at 11:35 am)Napoléon Wrote:

Nope, that's not true...

Aside from viewing your profile directly or seeing someone else retweet it, it is.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(February 7, 2013 at 11:59 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Aside from viewing your profile directly or seeing someone else retweet it, it is.

I was knitpicking.
(February 7, 2013 at 12:10 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(February 7, 2013 at 11:59 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Aside from viewing your profile directly or seeing someone else retweet it, it is.

I was knitpicking.

You mean "nitpicking"?
My ignore list

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boobie McBodacioustatas on X (formerly twitter)? no one 7 534 December 3, 2023 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Just now on Twitter..... Brian37 14 1438 September 13, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So just now on twitter. Brian37 12 1696 June 22, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Can Anybody Help Me With Twitter? Rhondazvous 10 1503 April 24, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Anyone familiar with Twitter, a question. Brian37 0 577 March 19, 2016 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This just happened to me on Twitter. Brian37 18 6280 February 23, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Losty
  My Twitter ban is lifted, I am back. Brian37 0 1172 September 17, 2014 at 9:37 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8712 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  Dawkins blasts segregation on twitter. Brian37 23 5949 March 17, 2013 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Oh for fuck sake... Twitter Reforged 13 6797 September 25, 2012 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Darkstar