Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just now on Twitter.....
Just now on Twitter.....
Ok 

There is a new trend in social media, that seems to be even convincing  some minorities, that liberals are the real bigots. Now, it isn't impossible for a democrat for example, to vote that way, but still hate Obama. I have liberal friends who live in red states who know other economic liberals who would vote for Hillary but fear Obama. No, it is not impossible. 

But when we talk about the averages, the bigots are on a majority of the right averaged out. 

I got accused by minorities because I am white, of being "privileged" and that liberals are the real problem.  Then these idiots falsely accused me of accusing them of "reverse racism". 

I can never know what it is like to live with dark tone skin. But they tried to claim that whites liberals only support minorities in a superficial "badge" to make themselves feel good about themselves. Then I got a bullshit argument about because I have never been raped I cant have any empathy for a rape victim.

When I told them that I had observed racism first hand, one fuckwit said "I saw it on the news doesn't count". No, I have seen it first hand in person. I have seen and heard racial slurs in person. I have seen denial of service in person. I have seen the look of suspicion in person. 

I have accepted that I don't have to worry about dying when pulled over. I accept that the economy affects minorities more negatively than whites. I simply fail to see how that is somehow on my part some Boy Scout badge I am seeking. So what do I need to do to prove I am not privileged then? Pretend like the GOP that "Hey you got your black president so there is no racism now"?

The only "white privilege" I see is the GOP has a current monopoly on, not a patent, but certainly a majority.
RE: Just now on Twitter.....
You expect maturity and civility from social media? Are you an alien by any chance?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Sounds to me like you stumbled into a den of social justice warriors. Avoid them like the plague. They throw around words like "privilege" and "rape culture" without actually thinking about things logically. They rely solely on emotion to support their flawed arguments.

If the SJWs got their way, all straight white men would be held accountable for any and every wrong in society, and punished accordingly. Plus, you wouldn't be able to put your arm around your partner without first getting a statement from him/her signed in triplicate that such arm action is consensual, but does not in any way imply that he/she is open to sexual relations of any kind.
You haven't been keeping up have you.... Twitter is dead so far dead because of SJW's

This should give you a great example of why Twitter is dying...
[Image: Sarkeesian_Totalitarian.JPG]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(September 13, 2016 at 9:26 am)Tiberius Wrote: Sounds to me like you stumbled into a den of social justice warriors. Avoid them like the plague. They throw around words like "privilege" and "rape culture" without actually thinking about things logically. They rely solely on emotion to support their flawed arguments.

If the SJWs got their way, all straight white men would be held accountable for any and every wrong in society, and punished accordingly. Plus, you wouldn't be able to put your arm around your partner without first getting a statement from him/her signed in triplicate that such arm action is consensual, but does not in any way imply that  he/she is open to sexual relations of any kind.

Um no, actually it was a mix, it wasn't just one white person I was dealing with, it did include a mix races of a few people who jumped on me. I do support BLM and do understand why Colin Kaepernick is doing what he is doing. I simply don't get the bullshit that because you are not a victim you have no right to comment or can't have empathy.

"Reverse racism" is a thing whites try to claim, but it simply pissed me off that you cant even agree there is a problem without getting accused of that yourself.

It seems to be a new tactic on the GOP part because the real "white privilege" who dominates the top earners in the 1% are getting scared that people are catching on to their scam so now they have learned to play the populist card and mimic the left.

How whites or minorities can fall for this garbage is astounding. I'd only say about my fellow liberals is that they can allow the silence of criticism with blanket solutions of "never criticize ever", but again, even with liberals that is not a majority.
Trust me, they were social justice warriors. I never said they were all white; SJWs come in all varieties.

It's not a GOP tactic at all. Most SJWs are in all likelihood, Clinton supporters (supporting her because she is a woman in what they view as an oppressive man's world). They are just completely delusional.
"Reverse" racism? Is that a special kind of racism reserved for whites?
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(September 13, 2016 at 10:46 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: "Reverse" racism? Is that a special kind of racism reserved for whites?

It's a misnomer. I believe the term originally referred to policies which attempted to prevent racism, but inadvertently "reversed" the racism to target "majority" races. An example would be affirmative action, where a person of color was chosen for a position over the more experienced white person, simply because the company was required to hire people of color.

In reality, racism is racism is racism. Any discrimination based solely on a person's race is racism.
(September 13, 2016 at 10:52 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(September 13, 2016 at 10:46 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: "Reverse" racism? Is that a special kind of racism reserved for whites?

It's a misnomer. I believe the term originally referred to policies which attempted to prevent racism, but inadvertently "reversed" the racism to target "majority" races. An example would be affirmative action, where a person of color was chosen for a position over the more experienced white person, simply because the company was required to hire people of color.

In reality, racism is racism is racism. Any discrimination based solely on a person's race is racism.

Authoritarians don't care about reality, the new breed of cultural fascists are no different. They'll follow whatever fits their little narrative of shame and self-aggrandizement.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(September 13, 2016 at 8:56 am)Brian37 Wrote: Ok 

I have accepted that I don't have to worry about dying when pulled over.

According to https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...shootings/

Assuming from your post, that you are a white male: You are only slightly less likely to be killed by a policeman while unarmed (last time I was looking, it was slightly more). It only becomes a major difference, when you calculate population differences in, but then if you are consistent, a cop is much more likely to be killed on duty, by the same group. And a black person, is far more likely to be shot by a black cop, than a white cop.

Overall, your best chances are if you are a female of "other" racial background.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boobie McBodacioustatas on X (formerly twitter)? no one 7 534 December 3, 2023 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Just now on FB Brian37 10 590 October 28, 2020 at 6:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2850 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  So I ran into Apu just now...... Brian37 14 2443 October 16, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2159 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  So just now on twitter. Brian37 12 1696 June 22, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Can Anybody Help Me With Twitter? Rhondazvous 10 1503 April 24, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Anyone familiar with Twitter, a question. Brian37 0 577 March 19, 2016 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This just happened to me on Twitter. Brian37 18 6282 February 23, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Losty
  My Twitter ban is lifted, I am back. Brian37 0 1175 September 17, 2014 at 9:37 am
Last Post: Brian37