Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the vatican's losing the war and they know it
the vatican's losing the war and they know it
http://musasha.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/...y-know-it/

Seen this today.........Interesting
[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

RE: the vatican's losing the war and they know it
Quote: They are concerned that they risk losing future generations to nontheism if they don’t learn how to get with the times.

The republicunt party has the same problem...for the same reason. No one buys their bullshit anymore.
The only way for Christians to face this crisis is to change their bible (again).
But the curve is moving up for Islam, YAAAY !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...Islam.html

Even though I want to see conversions on a higher scale (i.e not just women,but all society portions), but this is a good start ! maybe a good change for the typical image of muslim women

yaay !

#Note : I know that I look like a dick after writing this ; but I just wanted to try the Christian's method in writing religious comments..

Propaganda RULES !!
4 Horsemen
(February 6, 2013 at 4:00 pm)AtlasS Wrote: The only way for Christians to face this crisis is to change their bible (again).

Islam only got Tony Blair's sister-in-law. Catholicism got Tony Blair - aren't the Catholics lucky. Big Grin

I find the women's reasons for converting very interesting, though. People aren't just turning to Islam to find meaning, however. Wicca is one example of an alternative path.

Wicca Fast Growing Religion

Quote:The American Religious Identification Survey gives Wicca an average annual growth of 143% for the period 1990 to 2001 (from 8,000 to 134,000 - U.S. data / similar for Canada & Australia).[3][28] According to The Statesman Anne Elizabeth Wynn claims "The two most recent American Religious Identification Surveys declare Wicca, one form of paganism, as the fastest growing spiritual identification in America".[29] The "Free Press Release Distribution Service" claims Wicca is one of the fastest growing religions in the United States as well.[30] Wicca which is largely a Pagan religion is primarily attracting the followers of nature based religions in the Southern United States which is contributing towards its growth.[31]

Wicca and other forms of paganism have a lot of followers in the UK as well.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
Wicca originates from England to begin with, it's officially the only religion to have originated from England. It was made up, literally made for real, by a retired school teacher in the 1950s.

[Image: Gerald_Gardner%2C_Witch.jpg]

If you were to say to a Wiccan "Your religion is man made!" or "There's no historical evidence of any kind!" and they can simply just say "We know!". There's nothing you even say about this. I think it's a good religion for anyone who doesn't really give much of a shit.
(February 6, 2013 at 4:47 pm)Zone Wrote: Wicca originates from England to begin with, it's officially the only religion to have originated from England. It was made up, literally made for real, by a retired school teacher in the 1950s.

It was also inspired by the Witch Cult Hypothesis made famous by Margaret Murray in 1921.

Many women are drawn to Wicca because it has a Goddess and many Wiccans have carers. It's not like career women go for Islam while Wicca gets housewives and women in ordinary lines of work.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(February 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm)Confused Ape Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 4:00 pm)AtlasS Wrote: The only way for Christians to face this crisis is to change their bible (again).

Islam only got Tony Blair's sister-in-law. Catholicism got Tony Blair - aren't the Catholics lucky. Big Grin

I find the women's reasons for converting very interesting, though. People aren't just turning to Islam to find meaning, however. Wicca is one example of an alternative path.

Wicca Fast Growing Religion

Quote:The American Religious Identification Survey gives Wicca an average annual growth of 143% for the period 1990 to 2001 (from 8,000 to 134,000 - U.S. data / similar for Canada & Australia).[3][28] According to The Statesman Anne Elizabeth Wynn claims "The two most recent American Religious Identification Surveys declare Wicca, one form of paganism, as the fastest growing spiritual identification in America".[29] The "Free Press Release Distribution Service" claims Wicca is one of the fastest growing religions in the United States as well.[30] Wicca which is largely a Pagan religion is primarily attracting the followers of nature based religions in the Southern United States which is contributing towards its growth.[31]

Wicca and other forms of paganism have a lot of followers in the UK as well.

Pretty nice info, ape.

I never heard about this religion, but I get the point : ) It's the need for a reason beyond this life.
I really feel bad for women, for some reason I feel that they don't belong in this world, or simply : they are the most brutalized & ignored minority throughout history.

I mean, I always feel that the society (even western societies) are built to satisfy men before women.
There is also the point that religious ritual is very attractive. It isn't enough that there is community but that the ritual that binds the community may be at work here.

I personally like "Wicca" as it is comforting, homey, kitchen table (female orientated), and strives for balance in all things. You can be in a group or solo and no one is out to "de-convert" anyone... a bit like Zen (the religious philosophy, not the person)

Is following the paths set out by nature such a horrible thing?? Personally I find it fascinating

For those who wish to explore.... Link

Link

[Image: pagan_wheel_of_the_year_by_estruda-d2o95jb.jpg]

[Image: calumm%2Bdeities.bmp]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:#Note : I know that I look like a dick after writing this

Don't worry about that. You looked like a dick before you wrote it, too.
AtlaS Wrote:I mean, I always feel that the society (even western societies) are built to satisfy men before women.

Funny how they are based on a Middle Eastern religion that seems to have "converted" the planet over to it's thinking and is now quibbling about WHICH version is the correct one.

Dodgy Typical males Hmph
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 244 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 551 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Gospels and the war in Ukraine. Jehanne 15 2003 April 7, 2022 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 8619 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11544 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1789 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
  The War on Christmas Chad32 29 4039 January 15, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2157 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 921 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3985 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus