Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkmate for us atheists :(
Checkmate for us atheists :(
Oh no! The Loch Ness Monster totally disproves evolution. Jeeez, and I was just getting used to sleeping in on Sundays. Sad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/...curriculum
RE: Checkmate for us atheists :(
Sounds pretty legit. I mean I never thought of how a mythological creature that only exists in legend and a few fraudulent photo's completely disproves evolution.

Now I just need to decide which god to arbitrarily believe in.
Apparently the Lochness Monster does exist but it exists on a different dimensional plane only occassionally intersecting with our own. It's essentially a gaint worm, with legs and a head like a horse.
Just as convincing as any other 'disproof' of evolution.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(February 6, 2013 at 4:42 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Now I just need to decide which god to arbitrarily believe in.

What about the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Then there's Russell's Teapot which must have divine powers in order to get itself up into orbit between Earth and Mars. I'm going to believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
Nessie debunked by Arthur C Clarke (relevant bit 1:40 to about 2:30):

http://youtu.be/Kl8SRrlbbN0?t

(February 6, 2013 at 4:56 pm)Confused Ape Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 4:42 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Now I just need to decide which god to arbitrarily believe in.

What about the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Then there's Russell's Teapot which must have divine powers in order to get itself up into orbit between Earth and Mars. I'm going to believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Cast off these false gods and follow the One True Ceiling Cat kthxbai!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 6, 2013 at 4:42 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Sounds pretty legit. I mean I never thought of how a mythological creature that only exists in legend and a few fraudulent photo's completely disproves evolution.

Now I just need to decide which god to arbitrarily believe in.

If it's arbitrary gods you want, I think Discordia is for you!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Oh no, I'm sorry you guys were wrong. Wait no I'm not! :p

I didn't know the universe was younger than 10,000 years, but it makes perfect sense. Fucking Einstein, what a useless non-genius pre-Nazi bastard he was, telling us lies and deceivements. Good thing the Poms have a great education system, I wonder how I can petition to have this material taught in Australian schools? Children must be taught the truth!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Quote: "a teleological account of American history as leading to the ultimate fulfilment of God's will"

What a load of shit.

What kind of dumbass motherfuckers would fall for that?

[Image: pentecostals.jpg?w=1024]

Oh.
Um, probably Americans, they believe all kinds of crazy shit.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2203 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are some good checkmate arguments against religion? MountainsWinAgain 75 16801 May 30, 2014 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Checkmate atheists! CleanShavenJesus 21 4346 November 11, 2013 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan