Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not just Catholic priests anymore
It's not just Catholic priests anymore
Now we have Jewish Rabbi's getting into the child sex abuse game.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/...215374.php

Rabbi Yaakov Weiss admitted that he had touched two thirteen year old boys in an "inappropriate" way. He has paid the parents of one boy $6000 as part of a settlement. The other family dropped their suit because the church threatened excommunication if they didn't. Meanwhile, the bastard was only sentenced to 60 days in jail. Now I also wonder how many other little boys he touched, won't admit to and their families are afraid to speak up?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: It's not just Catholic priests anymore
Methodist Ministers are trying their luck too:

http://www.fbc.com.fj/fiji/6016/2-years-...ratabacaca
One swallow doesn't make a summer.
It's never been 'just' the Catholic priests. They're just the ones that get the most press. Do a google search. You'll come up with enough to make a heatwave.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Childabuse was probably arround since mankind existed, to pin it to a certain group and state it is specificaly them is not right.
Fun though...sticking it to those holy horseshitters.
(February 7, 2013 at 5:50 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Childabuse was probably arround since mankind existed, to pin it to a certain group and state it is specificaly them is not right.

It is when that certain group is, as a whole, held up to be the stewards of the very morals our society is said to be founded upon.
(February 7, 2013 at 7:23 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
(February 7, 2013 at 5:50 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Childabuse was probably arround since mankind existed, to pin it to a certain group and state it is specificaly them is not right.

It is when that certain group is, as a whole, held up to be the stewards of the very morals our society is said to be founded upon.

Agreed. Plus, I've heard that Catholic priests vow of celibacy may actually been contributing to pedophile priests. I mean, if you're exclusively sexually attracted to children, most of us understand that we won't be able to function unless we hide that part of ourselves. Most people would ask why we don't date or marry in that situation, but becoming a priest gives you a way around that suspicion.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
It's probably less about hiding and more about the fact that the Church (and any other orthodox situation) often hands you weak-willed, fantasy-prone, easily manipulated people.

My point in saying that it's not just priests is that as far as religious institutions and guardians of morals go, only the Catholics are really picked on for this when in reality it happens across the board and is hushed up a little better. Jews get a free pass and less haranguing than most groups. Fuckers.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I would dispute that Summer. ALL religious organisations are "picked on" as being less than what they say they are.

It's just that cataholics seem to be the most vocal.... hazard a guess that it is their "persecution" complexes that make them noticeable
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 644 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2089 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's Not Just Florida Minimalist 0 267 November 18, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 930 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm done. I'm just done. I really can't take it anymore NuclearEnergy 31 8607 June 29, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Prosecutorial Misconduct, or Do They Just Not Give A Shit? Minimalist 8 1239 March 14, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  This Catholic nun gets it Doubting Thomas 19 3224 February 23, 2017 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I really don't know what to think anymore NuclearEnergy 10 2437 February 15, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Having a hard time really knowing who to trust in politics anymore EruptedCarcassBloat 32 4166 October 19, 2016 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Macoleco
  is college worth it anymore nintendo048 33 4863 March 16, 2014 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: nintendo048